Trouble with setting admin on dedicated server

SneakyTax

Maybe this is a known issue, but reading through other posts - looks like other people are NOT having any trouble with it, so I will bring it up.

When trying to run admin commands (or anything rather than /help or the noted simple commands) I am getting a the following:

You are not allowed to execute the command 'XXXXXXXX'

(the XX's of course being the command)

Even though I try launching with --admin <myname> from command prompt, or as an argument in the dedicated server.  I do see the options showing up in the log as well as the .xml file, so pretty certain everything is configured correctly (unless I am missing something).

Anyone else seeing this?  If it's just something temporary - no biggie, REALLY appreciating the devs HARD work on this AWESOME game!  I realize this is brand new to Steam/etc - so likely some speedbumps to hit along the way!

Maybe this is a known issue, but reading through other posts - looks like other people are NOT having any trouble with it, so I will bring it up.

When trying to run admin commands (or anything rather than /help or the noted simple commands) I am getting a the following:

You are not allowed to execute the command 'XXXXXXXX'

(the XX's of course being the command)

Even though I try launching with --admin <myname> from command prompt, or as an argument in the dedicated server.  I do see the options showing up in the log as well as the .xml file, so pretty certain everything is configured correctly (unless I am missing something).

Anyone else seeing this?  If it's just something temporary - no biggie, REALLY appreciating the devs HARD work on this AWESOME game!  I realize this is brand new to Steam/etc - so likely some speedbumps to hit along the way!

I was having that problem too, I noticed if I go into the dedicated server via in game "dedicated server" or "host server" my admin credentials would work. I also noticed that I had an additional server folder in C:\Users\James\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies, make sure you're using the right one! Most importantly, what I was doing wrong, is you must execute server.bat, then launcher.bat, I was only launching launcher.bat at first, which would still start the server, and allow me to connect, but I had no admin functions.

Here is what the inside of my server.bat file looks like:

bin\AvorionServer.exe --galaxy-name Galaxy of Terror --admin 123456789101112113_admin

--use steam-networking 1

--collision-damage 0

Steam64 ID is made up and an example only.

Heh, so you're executing both server.bat and launcher.bat?

I always just execute server.bat , I did notice launcher.bat had an UI along with it displaying the amount of players and start / stop functionality, never realised they went hand in hand though. Whenever I launched launcher.bat and not server.bat, I had no admin access either. Makes sense.

Definitely giving this a go tomorrow. Thanks!