Loot Difference between salvage lasers and just destroying wrecks?

eastwood6510

What I did was find a turret factory that could make some properly baller salvage turrets, and replaced my mining lasers with them.

They have the advantage of doing just raw damage, and the tech level 36 ones I got made do about 700dps, so if i get in close it really is noticeable to extra damage.

But now when I want minerals I just spend an hour in a salvage yard, I've found it much more consistent and in a lot of ways more interesting then mining, I can collect something in the region of 300,000 of a resource in half an hour with 10 of those lasers, 6 manual fire, and I built 4 with independent targeting to finish small bits off for me, but when you get a decent set of salvage lasers they absolutely chew through those wrecks.

What I did was find a turret factory that could make some properly baller salvage turrets, and replaced my mining lasers with them.

They have the advantage of doing just raw damage, and the tech level 36 ones I got made do about 700dps, so if i get in close it really is noticeable to extra damage.

But now when I want minerals I just spend an hour in a salvage yard, I've found it much more consistent and in a lot of ways more interesting then mining, I can collect something in the region of 300,000 of a resource in half an hour with 10 of those lasers, 6 manual fire, and I built 4 with independent targeting to finish small bits off for me, but when you get a decent set of salvage lasers they absolutely chew through those wrecks.

That's basically what Im trying to do, with the small problem of not being able to find any god damn Conductors.

That's basically what Im trying to do, with the small problem of not being able to find any god damn Conductors.

Ah, I know that pain! I spent hours going around sectors trying to find a place that sold them, There are conductor factories, have faith! Make sure you check trading posts too, though i'm sure you probably are already. I make it habit now every time I visit a new place to put a note on the map if i find anything of interest in a trading post.

Ah, I know that pain! I spent hours going around sectors trying to find a place that sold them, There are conductor factories, have faith! Make sure you check trading posts too, though i'm sure you probably are already. I make it habit now every time I visit a new place to put a note on the map if i find anything of interest in a trading post.

That's exactly what I do. I have notes all over the place for every station that makes mining/salvage lasers. I have multiples, I have like 20 steel factories, of every one...and 0 conductors.  >:(