Finding the AI boss

Xaoc

I've found the AI boss in multiplayer previously on multiple occasions, but right now in singleplayer I can't get it to spawn. I've read the wiki and been trying hidden mass systems and empty systems at about half way to the core, but with like a hundred or so systems explored I haven't met the boss even a single time. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a command to force the boss to spawn?

It's further away than halfway, between distance of 280 and 340.

As for script, if in

C:\Program Files x86\steamapps\common\Avorion\data\scripts\player\story\spawnai.lua

you change line 29

if math.random() < 0.05 or consecutiveJumps > 8 then

to

if math.random() < 2 or consecutiveJumps > -1 then

it should spawn immediately when you enter a valid system.

Note: that means it'll spawn every time you do that though :V

I did change that script (since I lost my save/progress), killed the AI 3 times and it wouldn't drop the reward. Not sure what happened.

Odd. Sure you didn't miss it? AI drops loot all over the sector...

In any case, type

/run Player(callingPlayer):getInventory():add(SystemUpgradeTemplate("data/scripts/systems/teleporterkey6.lua", Rarity(RarityType.Legendary), Seed(124)))

into console to cheat artefact into inventory

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

You are missing something to be able to really farme correctly the boss is the time of reappearance.

This time changes it to line 63 of the spawnai.lua file.

Normal : noSpawnTimer = 30 * 60

Amended : noSpawnTimer = 1--30 * 60

With this modification the boss spawn all the time, just have to find it  :P

Sorry for my bad English.

• 2 months later...

Howdy. The AI isn't spawning anyway. I reduced the function onSectorEntered() to the call spawnEnemies(x, y) because i didn't manage it on the normal way. Only Swoks showed up multiple times but no AI is dropping in. Strange. Regarding Swoks is showing up in this range. He shouldn't, i think.

... and yes, my coordinates are between 280 and 340 squares from the center.

EDIT: My last try hit the fan. Dunno what went wrong but now i have artifact #6

EDITEDIT: Now i met the AI at 167:214. It fought against pirates near a convoi of merchant-ships. After watching the fight (the pirates lost) i engaged the AI but with every destroyed piece of it i have lost points for the convoi-faction. Mystery mystery.

• 1 year later...

The AI is weird. It seems it jumps around : I've gone to three sectors where I fled from it and no AI in sight. Interesting behavior :) !

Edit: And it jumps way too fast. It seems to evade my latest creation, which wants to make it her punching-ball  :(.