Video Freeze

SirJac

I'm a new player and have regularly encountered a bug where the video freezes but the audio continues and gameplay seems to remain responsive (based on the audio). This occurs *almost* every time I try to mine an asteroid (one session I was able to play normally for unknown reasons). This tends to occur within 10 seconds of when I start mining.

Possibly related: the game and bug tracker seem to think I am using an Intel integrated GPU but my laptop has an Nvidia GTX950M GPU. My system specifications as reported by the bug tracker have been copy/pasted below.

Also, the bug results in HUGE (10+ MB) Client logs which prevent me from submitting them normally. The one I've attached here has been truncated since on inspection it seems it's the same 3 lines being generated many times a second:

Tue Jan 31 19:07:09 2017| GL DBG: HIGH TYPE_ERROR API 1280: Error has been generated. GL error GL_INVALID_ENUM in MatrixMode: (ID: 2659017226) Generic error

Tue Jan 31 19:07:09 2017| GL DBG: HIGH TYPE_ERROR API 1280: Error has been generated. GL error GL_INVALID_ENUM in MatrixMode: (ID: 2659017226) Generic error

Tue Jan 31 19:07:09 2017| GL DBG: MEDIUM DEPRECATED_BEHAVIOR API 13: API_ID_DEPRECATED_TARGET deprecated behavior warning has been generated. Enable of GL_LIGHTING capability is deprecated.

Operating System (Windows 7/8.1/10? Ubuntu/Debian/Arch?):

Windows 8.1+

CPU:

GenuineIntel 4 Cores

RAM:

8GB

GPU:

Intel Intel® HD Graphics 4600

OpenGL Version:

clientlog_Tue_Jan_31_19-06-49_2017.txt

Have your set your system to explicitly use the Nvidia card for Avorion? Usually the dedicated graphics card is not used by default. If you get the warning message on startup of the game, then you are using the Intel Onboard graphics.

Steps to do set the Nvidia graphics card as the default:

[*]Open Nvidia Control Panel

[*]Select Manage 3D-Settings from the list on the left

[*]Select Program Settings

[*]Pick Avorion from the list of programs or select the executable from your steam install directory: <Steam install>/SteamApps/common/Avorion/bin/Aviorion.exe

[*]Select it to always use the dedicated graphics card from the dropdown menu