Transfer Cargo window scrollbar doesn't work

player_0005327

When transferring cargo between ships/station using the Transfer Crew/Cargo option, the list of different cargo only shows the first 8 or 10 kinds of cargo you pick up, and also the grey bar at the top stops showing new kinds. The scrollbar lights up when you mouseover it, but it won't move. Your cargo that's not shown is still there, and you can dump it from the cargo tab in the "P" menu to transfer it. Dump near a station to transfer to it from a ship, and dump it from the station then switch to your ship to pick it up. Quickly, before an npc ship picks it up...

Win7, 3570k, GTX670, 1920x1080 resolution, could be relevant.

After further experimentation, I found the cargo tab in your ship menu (P) can only list 15 different types of cargo. Any types beyond that will be completely inaccessible for dumping/transfer until you remove earlier types of cargo. Worse, having an overloaded cargo menu seems to break the smuggler hideouts' ability to clean the 'stolen' tag off the goods, and it won't buy them either.

Habe dadurch grade das Problem, dass die Fraktionen mich immer wieder wegen gefährlicher Güter anhalten. Irgendwo im meinem Frachtraum habe ich eine einzige Rakete, die ich gekauft habe um zu sehen ob sie ein gefährliches Gut ist. Ich kann sie aber im Inventar nicht sehen oder entfernen ohne alles auszuräumen. Die "Polizei" kann sie anscheinend auch nicht konfiszieren, so dass ich immer wieder angehalten werde und Standing verliere :(

___

Google translator:

This is precisely the problem that the factions always stop me because of dangerous goods. Somewhere in my haulage I have a single rocket that I bought to see if it is a dangerous good. But I can not see it in the inventory or remove it without removing everything. The "police" can apparently not confiscate them, so I am always arrested and losing standing :(

I have the same issue of course. So much cargo that I don't know what I have. I can't dump it because it wont show on the list and I'm carrying dangerous cargo with no idea what it is. I think my market tool sell tab broke because of how many goods my ship is carrying as well. The only way to have any idea what I'm carrying is to stop at a station and go to the sell tab.

It would be really nice if anyone has a list of what qualifies as a dangerous good. I know for certain that "Explosive Charges" are on that list.

Edit: I almost forgot to add, it doesn't show the cargo you're carrying unless it's on the list on the total cargo bar in the cargo tab, so you can't tell if you're cargo is full unless you can't carry anymore.

It would be really nice if anyone has a list of what qualifies as a dangerous good.

The wiki has a section that says which goods are 'dangerous'.

http://wiki.avorion.net/index.php?title=Goods

Also, you can tell how much space you have left, if you mouseover the empty space on the right side of the bar in your cargo menu. The size of the black part doesn't change, but the number that pops up does.

I've been continuing to play, and to work around this menu bug I find myself dumping huge clouds of cargo to bring later pickups into the visible list, which is simply the first 15 types of cargo you pick up. There is another cargo menu glitch, maybe related, where when you dump a cargo the list doesn't update by removing that cargo from the list. If you then try to dump the cargo below it as well, you wind up dumping the cargo two spaces below the original one you dumped. However, the list does update after the second cargo dumped, and continues to update after that. I deal with this one by exiting and re-entering the cargo menu, which updates the list.

Do not dump your cargo by deleting parts of your cargo bay. I've done this, and you're left with a cloud of cargo you can't pick up. You get to watch your processors or diamonds (or warheads) despawn.