Can you get upgrades, turret etc without salvaging laser?

Erik9631

Yes, if you got high firepower you can destroy pretty quickly ships to squeeze the upgrades and turrets out.

I'd recommend destroying Xsotan ships as mostly they have multiple thin sheet-like armor on them so they become turrets & upgrades piniata

"Quickly" is different than "Higher Chance". The drop rate for upgrade and turret drops is set by the server and I THINK it is per block destroyed.(?) How you destroy it doesn't increase or decrease the chance it will drop something. Destroying blocks faster just means you roll the dice faster, not more often. As for salvage vs weapons, salvage gets you resources along with the chance for a turret or upgrade.

"Quickly" is different than "Higher Chance". The drop rate for upgrade and turret drops is set by the server and I THINK it is per block destroyed.(?) How you destroy it doesn't increase or decrease the chance it will drop something. Destroying blocks faster just means you roll the dice faster, not more often. As for salvage vs weapons, salvage gets you resources along with the chance for a turret or upgrade.

So I take it as using a weapon is faster and more effective as well as saves up more Unarmed slots assuming I only want upgrades.

The "roll chance" will stay the same no matter if I use a weapon or a salvage turret, am I correct?

You just could remove the mining laser and put salvage laser. I don't think that you got more then a few of them, at last less then combat weapons.

Or you remove you armed turret for a unarmed turret one geting more slot for your salvage laser.

When you replace it again the armed turret system, the salvage turrets become just inactiv.

Or add hangar space, get salvage fighter, and the Carrier script from the mod section, release the fighters and let them clean ! :-)