Couple of newbie questions

Glave

1. Is Salvaging worth it? I tried it and the amount of resources i got was ridiculously low. Not sure if i did something wrong.

2. Does the range of mining systems c43 detectors stack?

3. Does Range = 2,8 on mining systems mean 2,8 km? That would be weak, because i would be pretty much next to the asteroid already.

4. Is there a way the regain reputation with a faction that you accidentally shot and which hates you now?

5. Ship mass = volume? Cant seem to find any other indicator for my ship volume.

6. Is there a way to increase system jump range?

1. If you need material, mining is much faster.

But at last you should shoot/destroy any wrecks to get the chance for an item. If you want more materials use salvager.  And salvager are a good close range weapon too if the target don't got shield.

3. Yes mining and salvaging are close range, 2.8 km on a mining laser is allready very large. Most other mining laser you find are below 2 km, salvager below 1 km, 0.75 on default.

4. -Kill pirates/Xsolan in faction systems.

-Find claimable asteroids, claim and sell them to the faction, object detection system helps.

- Sell/buy modules/system from equipment station, you can do that earlyer than buy/sell goods.

- Sell/buy goods, but that allready need good standing.

5. yes

6. -More mass

-Hyperspace core, Naonite material at first. 

- Quantum hyperspace (?) system.

Thx, for the answers. You misunderstood one question though:

3. Yes mining and salvaging are close range, 2.8 km on a mining laser is allready very large. Most other mining laser you find are below 2 km, salvager below 1 km, 0.75 on default.

I didnt mean Lasers. I meant the Upgrades that mark the asteroids (mining system) and interesting things (c43 detector). They range seems to be very low. Do multiple of these upgrades stack in range? So 2 mining systems with a range of 3km = 6km range?

Mining and Salvaging lasers both have an efficiency rating which is literally the percentage of materials you get when you destroy a block with them.  If you have a mining laser and salvage laser with the same efficiency rating then mining is going to get you raw materials a lot faster.  That being said sometimes the RNG hands you much better salvaging lasers than mining lasers.  Depending on how many you have and the stats on them salvaging can be just as good as mining if you have significantly higher quality salvaging lasers than mining lasers.  You even get systems and turrets to boot while salvaging.  You can use weapons to wear down a block's HP and then last hit them with a salvaging laser to get all the stuff.  So you can get away with only having one really good salvaging turret.  I've found that asteroids are highly resistant to weapon's fire.  So to pull the same trick with mining you generally have to use a bunch of mining lasers.  Then you turn off you low efficiency mining beams at the last second and use your high efficiency mining turrets to get the maximum amount of materials possible.  Another thing to do while salvaging is to aim for blocks like shield generators, power generators, and other soft blocks that are easy to destroy but worth a lot of materials.

I find that you start out salvaging to get turrets and systems and then when you've gotten enough good quality mining turrets you use those to stockpile raw materials till you're ready to build your next tier of ship.

Also mass =/= volume.  If your convert a ship to Trinium, which is super light, the mass will go down a lot but the volume will stay the same.  Meaning you don't lose any system slots for building with lighter materials.

Mass doesn't increase hyperspace jump range, but it does increase hyperspace cooldown times.  Larger ships take longer to jump.  There are hyperspace core blocks you can add to your ship starting at Trinium level that increase hyperspace range.  The best way to increase you jump range is with hyperspace system upgrade cards.  These with give you increased range while often times reducing cooldown letting you jump to the next system faster.  Is needed to counter act the increased cooldown of larger ships.

Thanks for all the answers. Now i have more questions.

1. What is operation exodus?

2. Can i replace all my Titan blocks with Nanonite directly?

1. Part of the story. See this thread (Spoiler warning!)

2. You cannot currently without manually editing the .xml file. I think Kane Hart has a video on this.

Yes you can, but only one by one.

Select the block with the new material.

Then "Transform block tool" and click at the block you want transform.

But careful, you basicly could transform your Tritanium crew quarter into a Naonite armor.

But careful, you basicly could transform your Tritanium crew quarter into a Naonite armor.

I wouldn't be able to transform a crew quarter into a nap items armor block, because at least in my client the armor blocks etc does not exist for me in naonite, the base armor block nor the armor corners or armor slope exist I'm my building mode, but I've seen enemy ships with them.

I wouldn't be able to transform a crew quarter into a nap items armor block, because at least in my client the armor blocks etc does not exist for me in naonite, the base armor block nor the armor corners or armor slope exist I'm my building mode, but I've seen enemy ships with them.

He meant Naonite hull.  Naonite doesn't come in armor blocks.

He meant Naonite hull.  Naonite doesn't come in armor blocks.

Thank you, I thought I was missing something. But then why do enemy ships have naonite armor blocks on them? I've salvaged blocks that are clearly armor blocks and received naonite from them.

Thank you, I thought I was missing something. But then why do enemy ships have naonite armor blocks on them? I've salvaged blocks that are clearly armor blocks and received naonite from them.

I actually have yet to see an NPC ship made using armor blocks.  You can tell it's an armor block when it has that camo pattern on it.  From what I've seen NPCs always have that flat hull plating.

I actually have yet to see an NPC ship made using armor blocks.  You can tell it's an armor block when it has that camo pattern on it.  From what I've seen NPCs always have that flat hull plating.

I know about the common pattern on armor blocks and those are exactly what I'm referring to having salvaged. Ever since I started seeing npc ships with titanium power core blocks I have always seen  thIn armor blocks of the same material protecting it.