Salvage Auto-Fire Chaos.

Hunchback187

So, I was in an area that has basically everything you would want for a home hub (Shipyard / Equipment Dock / Repair Dock / etc) and I had my Salvage Turrets on Situational mode, the damn thing shot at an Excellent Reputation Ship while a fight was going out and now  :o BAM...  Everyone turned on me in an instant...  Could there be something done with this to where something this silly couldn't make you hated instantly?

This happened to me before with a civilization, i was helping them with their war with another faction, but some of my shots reached one of their ships, and everyone started to attack me (we're speaking of about 20 ships from 2 different factions, and each of them had about 400-600 omicron of firepower).

This is definitely an issue. Especially with fighters and shields. A friendly fighter you can't possibly be expected to see can fly into your laser beam and you take a faction hit. The larger ships getting close together can also cross shield areas where you're not graphically hitting a friendly ship, but you're damaging their shield because it wrapped around the enemy you're shooting. If you have a lot of firepower it can change a max rep to minimum in seconds.

I thought this thread might have been about another type of salvage auto-fire chaos that I experience frequently - the turrets lock onto one piece of wreckage which may be several km's away from the one I want them to salvage. I either have to reload the galaxy or just follow the reticles around until it has finished and freed up again.

Yeah, it´s a nuisance. If salvage beams would just lock on the nearest block. And if they don´t hit that tiny antenna or the block is glitchy-immune, which happens frequently even in manual mode, there could be a mechanism which makes it relock to the next nearest.