[List] Vanilla or Modded Servers

Thundercraft

It took me a good deal of time to read through all the pages of topics in the Multiplayer area, skimming through each OP to see if they are vanilla or modded. I realized that this would be a big deal, so I took notes and compiled a list:

MODDED SERVERS

• [Germany] [24] Rusty's Galaxy [x2] [EU/NL] {BETA branch} {Discord} (Note: Has a long list of mods, including OutOfSector Production, Highlight other players, & respawning asteroids. Collision is set to 0.5. Difficulty at Veteran, but soon to be increased.)
  • [uSA] [100] CORE COMMUNITY - pup1l.com - 24/7 - PvP/PvE {Discord} {Website} (Note: Roleplaying server? Has lots of custom ships, custom stations, and custom scripts and mods. Has a few off-the-self mods.)
  • [Germany] [100] Omicron Alpha PvP 24/7 MODDED Dedicated {Discord} {Teamspeak} (Note: Long list of mods & game tweaks + OutOfSector Production, respawning asteroids, and /Sethome. Increased Money/Resources & better turrets on start. Difficulty set to Hard and Collision set to 0.15.)
  • [France] [50] Just-Look.net - PvP - 24/7 100 Slot [EU] {Teamspeak} Warning! Ping MUST be below 100! (Note: Has 10 mods, including Sector Cleaner and a variety of much larger Xsotan ships.)
  • [Germany] [30] Tarantel.YT - MODDED/PVE/Random Start - TS3 [DE/EN] (Note: Decreased Alienspawnrate and disabled Bountyhunter Jammer and Factionwars. Changes to Mining Systems and Weapon Factories. Has a ship Salvage command and /Sethome.

MOSTLY VANILLA (LIGHTLY MODDED)

VANILLA (THE ABSENCE OF MODS)

DOES NOT SPECIFY

OFFLINE SERVERS

• [Germany] [50] Apocalyptic Galaxy PvP - Dedicated 24/7 {Discord} (Note: Player can claim sector. Uses Out of Sector Production, more player-owned stations, asteroids respawn in all active sectors, and has /Sethome. Difficulty is Hard. Resources and drops are x5.) {Server has been down.}

CANCELLED SERVERS?

If you don't count /Sethome, vanilla servers seem to outnumber modded. But one can't be certain because most servers won't specify. To be fair, installing and updating mods is currently a bit of a pain. (The dev is talking about fixing this.) But I hope to see more servers that at least support some ease-of-life scripts.

Even if they don't use any other mods, I've noticed that many servers are now using one of the /Sethome scripts, which I'm sure many players appreciate. Myself, when I look to join a server, I look for one that uses the Out of Sector Production mod, Highlight other players, the resourcerespawn mod (for asteroids that respawn), and /Sethome (as a bare minimum).

I just updated my list and tried to make it as current as possible, with the information available.

Sadly, it seems Apocalyptic Galaxy PvP encountered frequent bugs and wipes and was shut down - at least for now. (I was looking forward to trying it this weekend, too...)

Our server is modded and has as you already know the features you are looking for...

Yep. Looks great! I'm really tempted to try out Rusty's Galaxy next.

Thanks for listing our server (Clan Maelstrom's Veteran Vanilla). It is vanilla btw. Not modding it until the mod server -> client transfer system is completed.

Updated in my list. Please let me know when/if you start to add mods and I'll update it again. (That said, I do have a short attention span. I can't promise that I'll still be playing Avorion next month or even next week.)

Updated my post with a specification :-)  Maybe you can move mine to the MOD section now?  (UK - The Holy Checksum)

avorion.ddz.net

We use /sethome and the cleansector script. And we run with collision turned off.

Updated in my list.

@Thundercraft,

can you please leave a post when you decide to leave the game, if you do? Just so someone could pick this up and continue this topic. It's pretty handy for new players out there :-)

Quick update for UK - The Holy Checksum :

Colission damage set to 0.5

Difficulty set to 2 which equals HARD, which equals 80% damage from enemy ships, to your ship. You do 100% damage to them, so you'll still be superior, a little bit :-)

Players were progression too fast on the server and asked for the difficulty to be upped pro-actively.

Thanks.

Quick update for UK - The Holy Checksum :

Updated.

can you please leave a post when you decide to leave the game, if you do? Just so someone could pick this up and continue this topic. It's pretty handy for new players out there :-)

If past experience is any indicator, I'll likely either forget or real life will interfere. I don't recall the last time I intentionally left a game.

If I don't respond or reply to requests here within a week, anybody is free to borrow the server information I collected and post their own updates. (The easy way would be to click the {Quote} button on my OP and reuse that BBCode as if it were your own.) I'm fine with doing what I can. But I did not set out to maintain this list and never asked for this it get pinned.

Anyway, Avorion has a greyed-out "Browse Servers" button. Eventually, I'm sure it's going to support listing servers automatically in-game and then we won't need this list.

• 2 weeks later...

When I made the original post I hadn't given any thoughts to mods so I didnt think of calling it out.

I think it would be nice to create a template for server listings.

Example

[Region] [MaxPlayerCount] Server Name [Modded/Vanilla]

Blurb about why your server is the best and you should only play here

IP/DNS Name

Max Player Count

List of Mods

... or something akin

I did a major update to my lists, trying to keep them current. Among other changes, the formerly offline Apocalyptic Galaxy server is back. And while Just-Look.net used to be listed as vanilla, it's now quite modded.  (There are a few others that are now modded or at least "mostly vanilla".) Some servers I moved to the "offline" category because I could not ping them (and/or their site is gone, etc).

Also, I've created a separate "mostly vanilla" category to separate them from heavily modded servers. There are now quite a few servers which include /Sethome and/or something minor like a clean wreckage script.

I think it would be nice to create a template for server listings.

Example

[Region] [MaxPlayerCount] Server Name [Modded/Vanilla]

[...snip]

I realize that you meant this as a suggestion to server admins. But I like the format. So, I've added [Region] [MaxPlayerCount] as a prefix before each listing. And I put stuff like {Discord} and {Teamspeak} immediately after.

(Note: I've not finished updating the "Does Not Specify" category. I'll finish the rest of those... some day. Right now, I've got to eat and take care of stuff.)

So far, I've only added a {BETA branch} indicator for Rusty's GalaxyClan Maelstrom's, and Bonig's High Performance. However, I've probably overlooked a few. And I suspect that there are more servers which are playing on the Beta branch. Please, do let me know so I can update this.

• 2 months later...

Top Hat Gaming Presents...

The Top Hat Galaxy

Come explore the galaxy with us!

-No Collision

-Hardest difficulty

-Super Boss

-100% up time

-Fun Community

-Dedicated Teamspeak- 8.9.5.238:9161

-Resource Station Replenishing (on request)

-Active Admins

-Community Sectors

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I just witnessed a pretty intense sheissestorm on Rusty's galaxy server, because it uses mods, for better playing experience.

And there were some massive troubles with modpack compatibility after v.12 release.

And I have seen them handled in absolutely professional manner, and by massively competent admins.

Come play on Rusty's, it's the best manned server around the 'verse! Join the Discord! See ya around!

Jacksson  8)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can add my server to the list, it is now open and going to be permanently up

central(texas) - 8 slots (might will increase if demand is there)

hard difficulty difficulty - FULL collision damage

Public IP: 181.215.49.218:27000

Discord : https://discord.gg/Tb2WS52

there is currently only 1 mod active (Regen Asteroid mod)

here's to seeing you there!

-A

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

A few friends and myself have recently gotten into this game, and like it so much that we've decided to get a dedicated server! We're Canadian and the server is vanilla with slightly increased drop rates from ships.

SADBros Server Info

Slots 10

https://discord.gg/jSmZjVM

PvP Enabled (But try and get along)

No offline ganking

No destroying stations to deprive others of them

Please don't vandalize the home sector

Hope to see you in the vast expanse!  8)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

[uSA-WEST] Official Chonkbois Avorion Server

Server Address: avn.chonkbois.io

Slots: 10

Difficulty: 0

Vanilla Gameplay

PvP Enabled

New West Coast USA Avorion vanilla server. No official Discord and website yet, but they are TBD. Just wanted to fire up a server for regional players to join and play.

I'll be setting up backend stuff to maintain decent uptime and reliable backups.