Co-Op Experience.

Kane Hart

Suggestion

I think one of the biggest sales pitch for this game was Co-Op and this game of course is young and early still in its life. But this game is nowhere near a Co-Op game. Almost everything punishes the user for Cooperative game play and ease of access.

That being said we know someday there will be a patch to see people on the map and in the system. We also know the first big patch since release will be alliances. That being said I thought I throw in my opinions on what makes Co-Op not so desirable. Of course some of these things I will list have been confirmed for the future etc.

This is not alliance suggestions just more 1 on 1 friends (Co-Op)

[*]Seeing Friends on Galaxy Map

[*]Seeing Friends in the sector with ease

[*]Being able to pick up quests from stations and split the reward

[*]Being able to have a better loot system with friends maybe even a roll system or something when it comes fighting, etc.

[*]Being able to kill a boss, etc and both get rewarded with a drop rather then just the one person

[*]Being able to trade not just mail things at close distances including crew, etc.

I'm sure there is many things I have missed but my Co-Op series slowly turning into single player series due to the fact there is not much Co-Op in the game. The only actual unique Co-Op thing that sort of works is ship building on your mates ship and using their resources but even then not the best info screen for it.

4 answers to this suggestion

Could not agree more as to how important co-op will be. Most of the friends and family I play games with prefer co-op over anything else. There have been many games we quit playing have been do to the whole "playing in the same server/game, but playing alone" feel. It'll do for now, since the game is still quite fun, and I'm sure better co-op features will be coming.

Alliances building permissions will be nice. Would be neat to see alliances get their own faction color as well as start faction wars, etc.

Group/party system (including loot/credit and mission sharing) (NOTE: I do know a group system is coming!)

Follow/formation features

Signal sharing/waypoint system

Ability to sell/give/trade ships to friends (NOTE: appears this is coming as well...at least the trading of goods part)

There's probably a lot more, but just those few things would be enough to give co-op the "together" feeling.

• Boxelware Team

1 + 2 + 6 are currently in work and will be released in a smaller multiplayer update prior to the larger alliances update.

5. Is in. Predefined, guaranteed loot from bosses will be dropped separately for all players who participated in the fight.

I agree on the rest.

5. Is in. Predefined, guaranteed loot from bosses will be dropped separately for all players who participated in the fight.

If i can make a further remark about this, currently when i fight with my friends, the loot that drops seems to be allocated to a specific player, but this allocation seems to have a relatively short expiry timer after which it becomes available to anyone and is a free for all grab, added to which the loot itself seems to disappear after what I consider to be a relatively short time as well.

The result of both these is that often everyone involved just immediately burns towards loot as soon as it drops in the event that it might be theirs, so that the first allocation timer doesnt expire and someone else picks up the loot. This makes it feel like we are, in a sense, competing with our friends for loot.

The focus should be on the fight first, the loot afterwards, without having to worry that we're going to lose it to someone else, or lose it to its final expiry timer.

Perhaps some changes to the system designed to alleviate these issues might be useful?