"Command Mode" improvements

Eurgiga

Suggestion

When you zoom out far enough the view goes into a third-person "command mode" where you can individually issue move orders to your controlled vessels. I believe this mode has a great deal of untapped potential and would benefit from the following improvements:

1. Fleet selection commands such as "Select all owned ships", "Select all damaged ships", "Select all carriers", hotkeyed fleets, etc, as well as click-drag select (if it's not in already) to allow for issuing commands on a fleet scale rather than an individual scale.

2. Fleet action commands, like "Mine", "Salvage", "Repair", "Launch/Recover Fighters", "Clear Asteroids", etc.

3. Fleet formation commands such as "Wall", "X", "Wedge", so that we may command our fleets effectively rather than the current state of "Everyone bum-rushes the next target the moment they can".

Secondly, I believe the star map could benefit from the ability to move your owned ships from sector to sector via remote orders. As it is it's something of a pain to gather up a fleet that's been spread out over a few systems or to muster a new one from disparate elements.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions please!

1 answer to this suggestion