[MOD] AutoResearch Version 1.0

Cypher

Yea, if you had bothered to read the latest postings you would have seen thats a known bug.

Also if you look for my feb 15th posting there is a version of it that i altered that makes the inventory show up.. it is only partially functional though so don't expect alot. And no i don't have any plans to try and fix this again, fortunately i am not the author just a random user who wanted to make it work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is possible to add an option like:

- research only the highest Omicron together - bad 1 with 200 Omicron and 4 with 80 Omicron, good 200 with 180,177....

- turrets only with/without auto targeting

- for mining laser only the highest efficiency

is that not important for a better turret or not possible ?

Omicrons are a joke, if you play the game long enough you come to realize this... There is a DPS mod available elsewhere  use that instead.

Also keep in mind that each weapon acts differently, and this has a HUGE impact on Actual Damage dealt...

in other words for the sake of argument lets say you had a weapon that had 10,000 Damage per second, but overheated after one second and required 60 seconds of cooldown.

Lets also say you had a weapon with 200 Damage per second and no cooldown.

Assuming both weapons have 100% accuracy. Then using them against an enemy who has 12,000 shields and a shield regeneration rate of 166 DPS.

The 10k DPS weapon would never break the enemy shields, however the smaller 200 DPS weapon would break the enemy shields in about 5 minutes of continuous fire,

This matters because Omicron is calculated ONLY by the maximum damage a weapon can instantly inflict, which is ofc the 10k DPS weapon that would be ineffective on the enemy by itself in the long run.