Ship Building Inventory UI and more misc. stuff

starikki

Suggestion

Hi,

Love the game! Would love it even more if we can have these improvements:

Ship building Inventory UI makes it extremely painful to choose turret, we literally have to hover mouse through millions of icons to look for the right gun to use. here's what I suggest:

------- Builder UI ----------

1. can we please have a filter system on showing only turrets of certain type, material, and whether its independent firing or not.

2. have small Icons showing types and whether independent on the corners of the weapon thumbnail.

3. more distinct thumbnails of different weapon? so far its pretty hard to tell what type of gun it is, maybe suggestion 2 will solve this

4. Is it possible to select and edit an existing block?

edit: 2a. and favorite icon on turret?

------- General UI ---------

5. Scale option on general UI and font of the game, it's hard to build the ship when inventory window takes half of the screen, smaller UI options would be great.

6. You can click through the window to hit the buttons underneath, can we have an option to disable that?

------- Control ----------

7. Add keys for Yaw and Pitch control of the ship via keyboard.

8. Compass Bearing on HUD?

Many thanks and keep up the great work!

6 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

You might want to try the alternative control method (press F2) that will give you more freedom and make movement independent from camera.

The favorite option for turrets has been suggested before and might come :)

"...

Ship building Inventory UI makes it extremely painful to choose turret...."

i would like to add one extra complaint about the turrets and UI > with more turrets i cannot group the lower ones anymore

while at the same time theres huge empty space above the turrets in ship menu.

Could we please have that little UI tweak the removes the excess gap above turrets in ship menu and makes managing turrets much easier

also im having trouble getting the game working at 4k resolution , cannot click on menus.

running the game with GTX 1080 with 12GB VRAM , and i cannot play new game with neither 3840x2160 nor 192x1080 resolutions in fullscreen

currently using displaymode 1920x1080 borderless window.

The game is bit too easy for me but the shipbuilding freedom still captivates me

played the game through with insane difficulty 7 times (no creative no cheats no console commands)

maybe add one extra level after insane that boosts enemy damage from 100% to 200%

loving the game though , dev's keep up the good work

You might want to try the alternative control method (press F2) that will give you more freedom and make movement independent from camera.

The favorite option for turrets has been suggested before and might come :)

How do I move forward in this mode?