Add option for salvage rights autopay

Ambaire

Suggestion

15+ hours into my current game, worked on getting a faction that's close to the core wall to friendly so I can hire crew from their stations. I jumped into a salvage system and I thought that I paid them but by the time I noticed that I hadn't, my rep was down to -60k something which is complete nonsense.

Please add a default option to autopay for salvage rights if one has sufficient money and reputation when one attempts to salvage a ship in one of those systems. Thank you.

Alternately, how do I edit the reputation for a faction so I haven't ended up wasting 3 hours grinding ships for rep for this faction?

4 answers to this suggestion

• Boxelware Team

You do get a warning if you have no license and start to salvage the wreckages. Did you ignore it? Plus you see by how much your reputation decreases on the right side of your screen.

I am against a auto-buy on licenses, as if you are saving up for something that could really hurt you.

Apologies for a necro-post, but I thought it better than a new thread.

I'd like to see a timer up top of the HUD.  When you enter a zone where salvaging is controlled, just have a "Time Left on Your Salvage Licese: 0:00" pop up in the middle near the velocity.  When we purchase a license it will naturally start counting down.  I was in the middle of salvaging and dodging pirates today and nearly got myself in trouble when my license ran out.  This would be a great way to remind people that this is a controlled salvaging area as soon as they arrive and let us keep better track of time left.  The salvage yard notices can get lost in a busy chat box.

You do get a warning if you have no license and start to salvage the wreckages. Did you ignore it? Plus you see by how much your reputation decreases on the right side of your screen.

I am against a auto-buy on licenses, as if you are saving up for something that could really hurt you.

I do agree that auto-buy is not needed, as I may end up purchasing more time for a salvage operation I don't want. I do however think that reputation loss across the entire game is far too punishing. If you have good enough lasers or a lot of fighters you can go from Excellent to Abhorrent in a matter of a few seconds. I once shot a base station one time with 25 salvaging lasers and lost 140k rep even though lasers do no damage to shields.

They need to add a visible timer on screen rather than a 15 second warning.