Pushing the limits of block size, 0.8.5

NotEvenCanadian

Rig:

Windows 10

16gb ram

3.1 GHz quad core intel i5 processor

Radeon HD 7850 GPU

Well a friend and I were messing around with infinite resources and making some fast ships. He then decided to make the largest block he could. My client began to lag and finally froze as he placed a block containing both our previous ships and a few asteroids. Control-alt-delete did not work. I got a little worried. I hard reset my computer and got the beep code for no graphics card. After making a few threats to the guy who might have broken my gpu, I tried turning it on again. Fortunately it worked. The first thing I expected was an overheated graphics card, but within seconds of the failed boot the gpu was quite cool. Running the server and the client did not seem to cause major lag for either. I assume the issue has to do with the blocks contained within other blocks.

• Boxelware Team

I really don't know how this might be able to break your graphics card, but I'm glad everything worked out. The issue was probably that he built a block that collided with everything in the sector, causing the game to "freeze". Actually it was just one really long tick.