Can someone share a good Titanium/Naonite ship that actually operates well?

hurrrr

I've spent the better part of 2 hours in the Creations section testing out different people's designs.  Almost every single one has some kind of problem (most of them complaining "Your brake thrust is low" or requiring additional crew quarters b/c it looks cool but isn't built with enough quarters to support its size. 

I tried building ships and am really bad at it.  I finally outgrew my starter ship and have 100k Naonite and 50k Titanium and want a ship that can defeat pirates and salvage their remains so I can advance to the Trinium stage. 

Can anyone help a newbie out?

No.  Our server is running the current steam version to my knowledge.  I did nothing special to get beta branch. 

How can I tell if the designs are made for beta branch?  They don't clearly state what branch they are for. 

Most people now tag their creations' forum post with the version of Avorion they were built in. Just compare with the numbers you got in-game. That or they add (DTU) which stands for Directional Thrusters Update.

What happens if you use a ship for a later version is that the directional thrusters are removed and the ship's maneuverability goes down to a crawl. The opposite is true since the beta builds' thrusters scale off volume and not surface area and are less powerful than they previously were so the result tends to be the same if you use outdated designs with a new version.

Yep. As mentioned by Ohm, people who run and build ships in the beta branch of the game add (DTU) or (version 10.5~) or something along those lines in their title. The steam version is 10.2-something afaik.

Also, here you go, I used your post as a n excuse to build a ship, made in the current steam version. I made a mistake on your constraints though, and built this ship with 100k titanium and 50k naonite. Shouldn't be too hard to convert some of the titanium systems into naonite, simply remove a single panel and you can use the transform block tool. Though, hopefully it's durable, maneuverable and visually palatable enough for your needs.

Costs: 786,940 credits, 81,625 Titanium, 48,415 Naonite

8LNYq1Z.jpg

.xml file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfpg3yo8qjea4os/Ares.xml?dl=0

Whole Album:

http://imgur.com/a/3xE6s