My ugly but extremely nimble 100% Xanion ship

hurrrr

I went through a whole lot of designs on this forum and couldn't find anything that was really functional.  There are a lot of pretty ships but none that were at my level.  So I built this thing and while ugly it is really really fun to fly around and kill pirates/aliens in.  It has really good maneuverability and decent stopping power.  I'm sure with a little work you can make it prettier. 

I made it very modular so you can copy the outer layer of hull, then delete it, and modify things as you see fit and paste the hull back over.  I especially made sure to keep the thrusters accessible for when the beta becomes live and the wafers no longer work.  I don't know if using full thruster blocks will work as well but I guess we'll see. 

I just started finding Trinium so I've begun modifying the outer hull to become Trinium and the ship just becomes more of a dream to fly. 

Cost to build:

679,936 Credits

94,072 Xanion

XML - http://pastebin.com/tfUmZGcd

Here is a screenshot of her and all of her ugliness with stats

jtJtXmV.jpg

Another angle

AiNMmhZ.jpg

Showing how you can pull 1 panel off and modify the thruster configuration

hnfeM2i.jpg

Pulling 2 large panels and about a dozen or so smaller panels off shows the guts

0bFj2ie.jpg

Not bad, reminds me of my own designs. By the way, no point in making a ship 100% out of Xanion, since by the time your reach Xanion, there's going to be a lot of Trinium around and Trinium is the lightest material which makes it perfect to build thrusters, engines, crew quarters, that kind of thing that doesn't benefit from higher tier materials.

I went through a whole lot of designs on this forum and couldn't find anything that was really functional.
That kind of makes me sad, it's pretty much the whole point of my own post. Granted, it's been buried by everyone else, but they ARE built to be functional, at least in the beta branch... and they aesthetics are comparable.

I went through a whole lot of designs on this forum and couldn't find anything that was really functional.  There are a lot of pretty ships but none that were at my level.

Hi there ...

By "functional" ... are you referring to the features and utility of the ship(s)?

My latest design is extremely nimble for its monsterous size in latest beta. I haven't seen anything else like it so far lol. Super expensive though at 1.4 million avorion / 800k trinium. The thrust and speed only like that because I have 0 engineers lol

4h5mdw.jpg

In 10.5 beta, this is actually insanely nimble with the new flight mechanic that 10.2 didn't have.

I use to make 2rad ships also in 10.2 and thought how crippling it was to not even break 1rad in 10.5 until I tried it and realized wow 0.8rad is even better feeling than 2rad in 10.2 was.

Don't get use to the 0.05thin thrusters lol. It's abolished since 10.3 :)

This ship will drop down to 0.2rad or less after update like mine did lol