[MOD] Regenerative Asteroid Fields [Update 1.5.2]

Dirtyredz

Regenerative Asteroid Fields

MAEqA0zh.png

dZr8rJZ.png

COMMANDS

/regen start

Will force a sector to become a Regenerative Asteroid Field Sector. THIS WILL NOT overwrite anything already in the sector. Turn your start sectors or your players home sectors into regenerative Asteroid Fields.

/regen stop

Will Remove the Regenerative Asteroids script to be removed. This will not remove any asteroids, just the script. Will also make the sector safe for uninstall.

/regen now

Will force the script to calculate asteroids and the sector limits, instead of waiting on a player to enter the sector.

/regen set x

Will set a sector to maintain a specific amount of minable asteroids. This will be Priority over MinableAsteroidLimit and MaintainNaturalAsteroidLimit options.

INSTALL

simply copy the DATA and MODS folders inside your steam avorion folder (steam local folder) usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion

THIS MOD IS REQUIRED ONLY TO BE INSTALLED ON THE SERVER NO CLIENT INSTALLATION IS REQUIRED

UNINSTALL

STEP 1: Replace sectorspecifics.lua with orignial.

STEP 2: Delete all files associated with this mod.

After which you need to delete every file installed by this mod (except sectorscripts.lua which needs to be modified)

STEP 3: Add my Uninstall script to data/scripts/sector/

then add the data folder included in "UninstallRegenerativeAsteroids.rar" to your Avorion directory. this will add script to terminate and remove the script from each sector you visit which contains the RegenerativeAsteroids Script.

Step 4: Visit every sector which was a Regenerative Asteroid Sector

The uninstall is safe to leave in place as it does nothing but kill the script.

Otherwise if your confident every sector that had the Regenerative Asteroids script has been visited, you can remove the uninstall file aswell.

WARNING - Failure to remove the script before deleteing the mod will CLEAR the entire sector of every entity (including your ship)

All messages except for those alerting the player to the sector will be sent to the console. by default you can access the sector with the ' key.

GITHUB

https://github.com/dirtyredz/Regenerative-Asteroids

Downloads

Version 1.5.2

Regenerative Asteroids v1.5.2

Past Download Links:

Changelog

Changelog

Version 1.5.2

--Fixed print command

Version 1.5.1

--Updated SectorSpecifics file

--Fixed Version info

Version 1.5.0

--Updated Loglevels

--Added 3 new config options to control the size of asteroids

--Fixed bug where MaintainNaturalAsteroidLimit was always set

--Fixed bug where server announcement wasnt working.

--Fixed bug where the asteroids were generating twice.

Version 1.4.5

--Hotfix, dont delete claimable asteroids.

Version 1.4.4

--Added MaxNonMinable config option, Deletes any non-minable asteroids past the config option default 1500.

Version 1.4.3

--Updated sectorspecifics.lua

Version 1.4.2

--Added missing loglevel commands

--Redid entire config file.

--Updated all files to match new config file settup

--Removed NeutralZone option, and neutralzone file.

Version 1.4.1

-Moved most file to mods/ directory in preperation for steam support

-Added Loglevel

-Fixed custom nsming on newly generated sectors

Version 1.4.0

-Moved configuration to /configs/

Version 1.3.0

-Added Namespacing

Version 1.2.5

-Fixed Conflict with MineCorp mod (changed renamed config.lua).

-IMPORTANT:  DELETE THE OLD CONFIG.LUA otheriwse the conflict will remain.

-Updated All files to compensate for the rename of CONFIG.lua, also Updated SectorSpecifics.lua.

-Added CustonName support for sectors generated as Regenerative Asteroids.

ie: it will now show "Regenerative Asteroids" on the map overview when hovering or a Regernative Asteroid SectorTemplate

XEnUQLS.png

Version 1.2.4

-Added clickable sector cords, to discovery message.

-Fixed bug from version 1.2.3

Version 1.2.3

-Removed redundant code in Sectors files causing a cyclic dependency.

Version 1.2.2

-Fixxed race condition in script Initialize().  (Error: could not execute function 'initialize' in '""':)

Version 1.2.1

-Removed console print out from asteroid regeneration, forgot that everyone could see the server console....

-Added config option Debug, if true you can see all messages about a sectors regenerative actions. Warning all players can see server console print outs.

-Added config option for Repeated sector entry. By request to broadcast a message whenever a player is inside a regerative sector.

Version 1.2.0

-Consolidated commands into single cmd /regen with sub options start,stop,now,and set.

-Added config option for Natural Asteroid generation, ie if a regenerative sector starts with 56 asteroids the script will never exceed 56 asteroids.

-Added new command /regen set can be used to force a sector to maintain a specific amount of asteroids, ie /regen set 10 will always maintain 10 minable asteroids. see commands.

-Fixed server announcment from always playing discovered message, even after its been discovered previously.

-Added ModInfo and version to console print.

-Consolidated player command scripts into one file. make sure you delete older versions of those files.

-Optimized asteroid regeneration script to generate the specific amount of asteroids needed instead of a random amount. (Let me know if your getting to many none minable asteroids)

-Added Sector X and Y to console print out

Version 1.1.0

-Moved Config.lua FROM scripts/mods/ TO scripts/mods/Regenerative-Asteroids/

-Fixed Server announcment only sending announcment to player and not server.

-Added Neurtral Zone Regenerative ASteroids Configuration option, default false.

-Added config check to neutralzone.lua for configuration options

-Added SectorGenerator Configuration option, default true.

-Added config check to SectorSpecifics.lua for configuration options

-Updated Uninstall to contain original neutralzone.lua(patch 0.11.0.7844) and sectorspecifics.lua(patch 0.11.0.7844)

-Added readme.txt to Uninstall zip

DONATE

Wanna show your appreciation?

http://dirtyredz.com/donate

Become a patron:

https://www.patreon.com/Dirtyredz

MY OTHER MODS

DSM

-A project dedicated to server deployment, management, and exposing features to a web interface.

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3507.0.html

Reganerative Asteroid Fields

-Regenerates designated sectors, and randomly appearing sectors, of minable asteroids.

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3055.0.html

MoveUI

-A mod for adding custom UIs to the screen.

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3834.0.html

Subspace Corridor

-A modders recources, designed to mimick /teleport, due to server commands not being available through the api.

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3148.0.html

Dirty Buoy's

-Allows players to spawn Navigational and Sentry Buoys, More to come soon.

-These buoys have unique features players cant get in normal game play, for example: Navigational buoys are invincible and cannot be moved. A great way to mark a distance wreckage or minarable rich asteroid field.

--Rusty Servers only at the moment.

LogLevels

-LogLevels gives modders the ability to set levels for there print functions.

-Aswell as allowing server owners to clean up there consoles, making it easier to read.

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3799.0.html

NoNeutralCore

-A small script for stopping the creation of neutral zones inside the core.

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3472.0.html

DirtyCargoExtender

-Extends the cargo hold of any NPC station discovered with low cargo holds.

--Patreon Members only

DirtySecure

-A mod which assigned PVP or PVE sectors based on distance from core.

-Provides Offline Protection to Players ships.

-Provides protection for NPC stations.

--Rusty Servers only at the moment

Reganerative Claimable Asteroids

-A mod which respawns claimable asteroids, when theyve been moved or turned into a mine.

-Also will unclaim or unsell an asteroid after a configured number of days

-Keeps the galaxy alive, providing claimable asteroids for new players.

--Rusty Servers only at the moment

Death Info

-Used to track cords of a players death point, assigning player values, for other mods to use.

/Back

-A command using DeathInfo and Subspace Corridor, to teleport a players drone BACK to there death point.

Any mod listed as Rusty Servers only, are live and active on the Rusty Servers.

Want the mod for your server? Lets talk and ill see about releasing the mod to you/public.

Not all mods on Rusty will remain there, they will eventually be released to the public.

Regenerative-Asteroids-v1.5.2.zip

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea and am willing to give it a try :)

Tried messing with adding a script that would respawn resources in all sectors but it seemed to be a bit buggy.

Is a player also alerted when he finds a sector with regenerating asteroids if the function to broadcast to server is turned off?

I like the idea and am willing to give it a try :)

Tried messing with adding a script that would respawn resources in all sectors but it seemed to be a bit buggy.

Is a player also alerted when he finds a sector with regenerating asteroids if the function to broadcast to server is turned off?

The player is alerted via the player notification, the same for neutral sectors, regardless of server announcement.

I wanted to keep the frequency average with the other sectors. Thats why I made a point to add a configuration for it, some people might feel they want it to appear more often then not.

Thxs for giving it a try let me know what ya think.

The mod seems to be working nicely, haven't fully tested it yet but our players are loving it already.

One thing we found is that when a client doesn't have the mod installed they will freeze during loading upon entering the sector that has regenerating roids.

The mod seems to be working nicely, haven't fully tested it yet but our players are loving it already.

One thing we found is that when a client doesn't have the mod installed they will freeze during loading upon entering the sector that has regenerating roids.

I ran into the issue of clients required having the mod installed as well last night. Im looking into it today but my knowledge of the games hasnt revealed the answer. to be sure im not done with this mod I think there is more to add and I would like to remove the depends of clients needing the mod.  How do your players like the balance?  I wanted it to only regenerate when a player enters a system to discourage afking all night long.  As well as it being random through out the galaxy.

I turned on regeneration in my start sector and thats it. My friend suggested making all neutral sectors into regenerating sectors whats your thoughts on that?

ps. I noticed the server wide message wasn't working properly, Ive already fixed it and it will be in the next update.

Version 1.1.0 Release

-Moved Config.lua FROM scripts/mods/ TO scripts/mods/Regenerative-Asteroids/

-Fixed Server announcment only sending announcment to player and not server.

-Added Neurtral Zone Regenerative ASteroids Configuration option, default false.

-Added config check to neutralzone.lua for configuration options

-Added SectorGenerator Configuration option, default true.

-Added config check to SectorSpecifics.lua for configuration options

-Updated Uninstall to contain original neutralzone.lua(patch 0.11.0.7844) and sectorspecifics.lua(patch 0.11.0.7844)

-Added readme.txt to Uninstall zip

EDIT:

To clarify due to todays update themod no longer requires a client side installation.

Could you please clarify the current (version 1.1.0) status of server vs client installation requirements?

As your first posting says "...THIS MOD IS REQUIRED ONLY TO BE INSTALLED ON THE SERVER NO CLIENT INSTALLATION IS REQUIRED..."

...and then

I got the impression you were working on the issue:

I ran into the issue of clients required having the mod installed as well last night. Im looking into it today but my knowledge of the games hasnt revealed the answer. to be sure im not done with this mod I think there is more to add and I would like to remove the depends of clients needing the mod.  How do your players like the balance?  I wanted it to only regenerate when a player enters a system to discourage afking all night long.  As well as it being random through out the galaxy.

I turned on regeneration in my start sector and thats it. My friend suggested making all neutral sectors into regenerating sectors whats your thoughts on that?

ps. I noticed the server wide message wasn't working properly, Ive already fixed it and it will be in the next update.

However, your 1.1.0 release notes does not provide any hints as to whether or not an install is required client-side or not.

Could you please clarify the current (version 1.1.0) status of server vs client installation requirements?

As your first posting says "...THIS MOD IS REQUIRED ONLY TO BE INSTALLED ON THE SERVER NO CLIENT INSTALLATION IS REQUIRED..."

...and then

I got the impression you were working on the issue:

However, your 1.1.0 release notes does not provide any hints as to whether or not an install is required client-side or not.

My apologies for being unclear, my mod was always intended to be server side only.  Unfortunately with how Koon had some of the client side working, the client was required to have the same files the sector had.  With today's update Koon fixed that so now all my version are 100% server side only. No client side installation is required with ANY version. The reason for my first posting being contradictory to the previous posts is that I modified the post to reflect the mods current state. I hope this answers your question.

New release lots of changes, let me know what you think.

Version 1.2.0

-Consolidated commands into single cmd /regen with sub options start,stop,now,and set.

-Added config option for Natural Asteroid generation, ie if a regenerative sector starts with 56 asteroids the script will never exceed 56 asteroids.

-Added new command /regen set can be used to force a sector to maintain a specific amount of asteroids, ie /regen set 10 will always maintain 10 minable asteroids. see commands.

-Fixed server announcment from always playing discovered message, even after its been discovered previously.

-Added ModInfo and version to console print.

-Consolidated player command scripts into one file. make sure you delete older versions of those files.

-Optimized asteroid regeneration script to generate the specific amount of asteroids needed instead of a random amount. (Let me know if your getting to many none minable asteroids)

-Added Sector X and Y to console print out

Some fixs to the console, sucks that the client can see server console messages.

Also by popular demand, apparently some players like knowing when others are inside these sectors.

Version 1.2.1

-Removed console print out from asteroid regeneration, forgot that everyone could see the server console....

-Added config option Debug, if true you can see all messages about a sectors regenerative actions. Warning all players can see server console print outs.

-Added config option for Repeated sector entry. By request to broadcast a message whenever a player is inside a regerative sector.

08:35:52:839 could not execute function 'initialize' in '""':

08:35:52:841 data/scripts/sector/RegenerativeAsteroidsScript.lua:11: attempt to index a nil value

08:35:52:843 stack traceback:

08:35:52:845 data/scripts/sector/RegenerativeAsteroidsScript.lua:11: in function <data/scripts/sector/RegenerativeAsteroidsScript.lua:10>

08:35:52:847

08:35:52:850 Setting script "" to invalid.

08:36:12:113 [OOSP][0.9_7c] dCheck passed

08:35:52:841 data/scripts/sector/RegenerativeAsteroidsScript.lua:11: attempt to index a nil value

08:35:52:845 data/scripts/sector/RegenerativeAsteroidsScript.lua:11: in function <data/scripts/sector/RegenerativeAsteroidsScript.lua:10>

Thank you for the report. The script will still run as expected. Ill get a release out asap to fix this.

Another Version to release for a fix.

Version 1.2.2

-Fixxed race condition in script Initialize().  (Error: could not execute function 'initialize' in '""')

Ive seen my mod being used by many servers/players, unfortunately i haven't received much in feedback, or feature requests. Do you have ideas, features, issues, or maybe you just want to tell me that you use and love the mod.  Let me know,  and thxs for your time.  I look forward to keeping this mod updated and feature packed.

My server host installed the latest version of your mod for me and all Avorion seevers they host if renter want it, but after editing the config file restarting the server and using /regen start and /regen now, and getting an alert when I entered the sector I see no asteroids that can be mined.  Does it take some time to spawn them?

https://low.ms/

My server host installed the latest version of your mod for me and all Avorion seevers they host if renter want it, but after editing the config file restarting the server and using /regen start and /regen now, and getting an alert when I entered the sector I see no asteroids that can be mined.  Does it take some time to spawn them?

https://low.ms/

It depends on how you have the configuration setup.  There is a debug option which will output more data to the console if needed.

Some of the configuration such as MaintainNaturalAsteroidLimit if true will never exceed the natural mine-ableasteroid limit. ex, if it had 0 to begin with it wont get any more.

If you like that option but still want a sector to produce more mine-able asteroids use the command "/regen set 10"  followed by "/regen now"  That will override the Natural option and make it so there will always be 10 mine-able asteroids available.

Asteroid generation is immediate, as in no delay.  If your still experiencing an issue, ill ask you to turn on the debug option, run the commands i showed. Screen shot the console and your config file, and post them here for me to help you.

Im glad to hear your server host is offering my mod as option. I look forward to helping you resolve your issue, and making this mod a unique and powerful mod for all to use.

Dirtyredz,

Thanks for the help figuring out what I had done wrong. If people read this make sure you have this mod installed before you mine any asteroid it will make it much easier. Other wise you will need to go to each sector and and regen set a number to spawn. Mod is working well now that my error was found.

Crazey Wayne

To clarify when using the naturalspawm option, it will only maintain asteroids for those sectors at the time of the installation. 

If not using that option,  regardless of how many asteroids available it regen to the default setting of 50.

• 1 month later...

i had a Strange issue with your mod installed together with MineCorp from NexusNull

Once installing both the same time the Sector generator kinda crashes in game (without crashing the game) keeping it empty.

i tackled the issue down on my own and found the problem:

Yours and His Config are named the same.

They clash with each other causing a problem. i dont know exactly why it does it but i got the stuff working again.

Renaming your config file (and the table inside) to RAConfig amd changed that in every file of your mod made both usable again.

Sorry for my sometimes poor english. german here :)

Interesting I have not heard any report of this. I have however experienced what your talking about several times.  Ill look into the issue asap and see what can be done.  Obviously as you have said changing the config was all what was needed. This actually won't be any issue when the next game update comes out since koon is working on namespacing the files allowing for separation. Don't worry im not going to say we should wait. Ill get the config fix asap.

Version 1.2.5

-Fixed Conflict with MineCorp mod (changed renamed config.lua).

-IMPORTANT:  DELETE THE OLD CONFIG.LUA otheriwse the conflict will remain.

-Updated All files to compensate for the rename of CONFIG.lua, also Updated SectorSpecifics.lua.

-Added CustonName support for sectors generated as Regenerative Asteroids.

ie: it will now show "Regenerative Asteroids" on the map overview when hovering or a Regernative Asteroid SectorTemplate

XEnUQLS.png

• 1 month later...