[MOD] Regenerative Asteroid Fields [Update 1.5.2]

Dirtyredz

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that alliances are out i thought i should update the forums to reflect this mod now with name spacing added.

Version 1.4.0

-Moved configuration to /configs/

Version 1.3.0

-Added Namespacing

WARNING, if you have a non default configs file, youll need to move it to the new directory, otherwise the script will use default

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very nice. Searched for it since i know that Ressource Asteroids do not respawn at all. Stupid for Multiplayer with same start sector in my opinion. Random start sector makes NO sense hosting / playing a little Server with 1-3 players. We can play singleplayer instead xD )

Another question, the "UninstallRegenerativeAsteroids.RAR" is still working? Just in case.

EDIT:

are you having issue?
Not tried jet! I hope not ^^

Im affraid the Uninstall is a. no longer hosted, and b. doesnt work anymore.

I found it cumbersome to keep up to date, expecially when thier has been no demand for it.

Really the uninstall is just the file with terminating itself to remove the script from sectors.

I can walk you though a detailed uninstall if you need assistance.

(I dont see why this mod is awesome  ;))

Im affraid the Uninstall is a. no longer hosted

It is hosted. I downloaded it. There is a download link. It is down below if you expand the Spoiler in the Downlods Section of the start post :-) Right under Version 1.0.0.

I dont understand english to 100%, only maybe around 85%, but in the start post is written:

STEP 3: Add my Uninstall script to data/scripts/sector/

then add the data folder included in "UninstallRegenerativeAsteroids.rar" to your Avorion directory. this will add script to terminate and remove the script from each sector you visit which contains the RegenerativeAsteroids Script.

Does that mean the information is not up to date? I just want to know safe how can i exactly unistall the mod and keep the server working? :-)

EDIT. I just tryed the mod. The Server starts, console shows "startup complete". But i get a error! Console shows the following output:

[...]

2017-10-08 03-24-39| Starting up 2 script background threads...

2017-10-08 03-24-39| Loading jumping entities...

2017-10-08 03-24-39| could not execute function 'generatePlanets' in '""':

2017-10-08 03-24-39| [string "..."]:41: attempt to call method 'generatePlanets' (a nil value)

2017-10-08 03-24-39| stack traceback:

2017-10-08 03-24-39| [string "..."]:41: in function <[string "..."]:40>

2017-10-08 03-24-39|

2017-10-08 03-24-39| Loaded  8 jumping entities.

2017-10-08 03-24-39| Loading groups...

2017-10-08 03-24-39| Galaxy initialized.

[...]

Is this normal and Is this a problem? Iam using Windows Server.

Version 1.4.3

--Updated sectorspecifics.lua

Version 1.4.2 will produce an error on version 0.14 of avorion please use this version to fix it

Thxs to Halja45

for having me take a second look, I forgot to update the sectorspecifics file in the main installation.(this is not for the uninstall)

If you have questions or concerns message me on my discord here: https://discord.gg/jweSd9

I dont understand why your so preoccupied with removing the mode before you even tried it?

The reason is i just want to know how i remove it just in case i do not longer want to use it. Or lets say, maybe the Developers release a Ressource Respawn Mechanik in the game and we do not loger need the Mod. Than i need to know how to uninstall and keep everything working. This Question is nothing against you or your mod, realy.  :D I run the Mod on my Server now and it works good  8)

I can walk you though a detailed uninstall if you need assistance.

Dont need assistance, just need information  :) The problem is that the information of uninstall in the start post is not up to date.

STEP 1: Replace sectorspecifics.lua and neutralzone.lua with orignial.

STEP 2: Delete all files associated with this mod.

After which you need to delete every file installed by this mod (except sectorscripts.lua which needs to be modified)

STEP 3: Add my Uninstall script to data/scripts/sector/

then add the data folder included in "UninstallRegenerativeAsteroids.rar" to your Avorion directory. this will add script to terminate and remove the script from each sector you visit which contains the RegenerativeAsteroids Script.

Step 4: Visit every sector which was a Regenerative Asteroid Sector

The uninstall is safe to leave in place as it does nothing but kill the script.

Otherwise if your confident every sector that had the Regenerative Asteroids script has been visited, you can remove the uninstall file aswell.

WARNING - Failure to remove the script before deleteing the mod will CLEAR the entire sector of every entity (including your ship)

Ok finaly what do i need to do for uninstall? Visit all Mod activated Sectors after i removed all mod files and restored the original sectorscripts.lua? No need for the .rar at all?

The only Problem, i dont know if it is finaly Mod releated or not. Everytime i start the server i get another Error

[...]

2017-10-08 20-33-53| Steam Query Port: 27020

2017-10-08 20-33-53| Query Port: 27003

2017-10-08 20-33-53|

2017-10-08 20-33-53| Server UDP: Error receiving from 127.0.0.1, error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host, received bytes: 0

2017-10-08 20-33-53| Installed Steam exception handler

[...]

Is this Mod realeated?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there,

I wanted to thanks you for that mod, as I used it previously.

Right now I'm having an issue. I installed the mod on my new server, and it

look like it's recognized by the game as I can use the /help regen command

and get an answer with the correct writing for it.

But when I use the /regen now or any other command to force a regen field

or to set the numbers of asteroids, I don't get any messages indicating that

the mod is working. And I have not seen any field being created since I installed

it.

I checked the files, even added the mod as the last to insure that what was needing to

be overwritten was written over by the mods files only.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

The mod uses another mod of mine Loglevels, use command /consolelevel debug

to see all hidden console messages. you can open the console with the ' key

I havent had any issues with the mod in a very long time and we activaly use the mod on the Rusty Servers,

If your stil having issues, i would need to see an error from the console or a copy of the server log which can be found in %appdata%/avorion/galaxies/ if on windows or /home/user/.avorion/galaxies  if on linux.

Hope this helps for now, you can contact me through here or on my discord aswell: https://discord.gg/52YZMPt

The mod uses another mod of mine Loglevels, use command /consolelevel debug

to see all hidden console messages. you can open the console with the ' key

I havent had any issues with the mod in a very long time and we activaly use the mod on the Rusty Servers,

If your stil having issues, i would need to see an error from the console or a copy of the server log which can be found in %appdata%/avorion/galaxies/ if on windows or /home/user/.avorion/galaxies  if on linux.

Hope this helps for now, you can contact me through here or on my discord aswell: https://discord.gg/52YZMPt

Thanks a lot.  I was remembering the messages appearing in the chat box, and did not know you had

moved the answers to the console log.

My bad, I have missed that information while seeking the solution to solve things.

For the absence of spawning field in systems I guess we will have to wait, and I also changed

the setting in the configuration so everytime a player jump in a regenerating system

it will be displayed.

All is supposed to work fine now. Time to try it fully.

Again thanks a lot for that great mod, and thanks a lot for the help.

Heyho,

first post in this forum and only to let you know that i installed your mod today and it works very good. So thank you very much :)

You asked for wishes, so i have a few ;)

1. It would be cool to have "rich only" sectors. Own propability variable to be able to configure them to be very rare compared to the others.

2. Make the size adjustable (Edit: Im mean the size of the rich roids, to contain more minerals)

3. Special Attack Waves for the Regenerating Sectors. if you implement Point 1, then harder Waves for Rich Regenerative Sectores would be cool too.

i think thats it for the moment. Like i said, i just installed it today and i already like it very much :)

Greetings,

Phantomal

Hey again,

it seems i found a bug... sort of... not sure

My regenerative sector is increasing in size. The number of not minable asteroids is increasing on every regeneration. So the Sector is growing and growing. I think that will lead to a problem in not too far future...

Thank you. I think in most cases this is ignored. In my case we build 2 stations in a regenerating system and now we're up from ~2000 Asteroids to 4600.

I already looking for solutions and found the Wreckage cleanup mod which removed asteroids too. Now iam thinking in building a cleanup command from that mod, so an admin can cleanup the asteroids when they get too many. Or one could add a routine to the Regenerating Mod to cleanup asteroids after the last player is leaving the system. Then it would create them on Playerjoin and delete them on lastplayerquit. Sounds good to me :)

My Script to delete the "normal" Asteroids via command is nearly finished. My last problem is to detect the claimable ones. (claimed, unclaimed and sold ones. Stations seem to change their entity type and wont get deleted.)

After that is finished i have a workaround :)

Cool! Thank you very much :)

Edit:

My "/flushasteroids" script is done too, and in use since short before Christmas. It deletes all non minable Asteroids in a System but leaves the claimable ones as they are (claimable, claimed, sold, and as station).

If someone is interested, i can post that aswell.