[MOD] Event Balancer (aka less annoying exhaust pirates and xsotools)

darkconsole

ABOUT

This mod will help you adjust how often you get attacked by pirates/aliens. More details than you care to know, as well as installation instructions are on the main mod page.

WHAT IT DOES

[*]Increase the delay between events. There is no reason to get attacked by pirates every 10 minutes space is huge come on.

[*]Look at the average volume of ships in the sector. If a sector is beefy pirates will not attack they have no chance. If a sector is too small it is not even worth the fuel to attack.

[*]Even if your sector is too stronk, there is a chance the pirate is so drunk he is like whatevs and you get attacked anyway.

[*]Even if the sector is in the perfect range for attacking, space is huge come on, adds a flat chance that the pirates just wont find you.

FOR SERVER ADMINS

You WILL Need To Tune The Settings To Fit Your Server's Playstyle Mmmkay. The default values I have tuned for how I want MY server to be, which favours slightly smaller vessels than I build so that pirates leave me the hell alone lol.

1-basic.png

2-scouting.png

3-fleets.png

4-confidence.png

5-tweaking.png

• 1 month later...

I've got this mod installed on my server and it works beautifully! Due to the small size of the fleet I'm running there haven't been any pirate or alien spawns.

But it's not all sunshine and rainbows... The headhunter spawn rate isn't controlled by this mod and has jumped to 1 spawn just about every 10-15 minutes. Nowhere near the constant "event every 3-5 minutes" that I had been dealing with previously, but almost as annoying and disruptive.

I haven't found the scheduler for the headhunter events yet, do you think that you'd be adding them to the next version of this mod?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Have you tried downloading and putting the files located in the data/scripts/ folder of the mod's main GitHub page into your own Steam installation directory of Avorion (usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion\data\scripts\)?

I don't think there's different install methods for this mod whether you run on a client or a server.

Just pretend the instructions on that page that say "Server", say "Your Local Steam Installation Directory" instead - does that help?

• 1 month later...