Server Just hangs

MrFlufficans

Alrighty Bois I have some problems with my server for Avorion, It seems to hang at regular intervals

This seems to happen almost randomly regardless of whats happening on the server itself.

1 minute your trading the next minute all the ships in that sector become ballerinas,

The Problem itself seems to persist with or without any mods big or small.

I would like to know if anyone else has this issue

https://puu.sh/v6Yub/5acdea3ea8.png

Of course I understand that the mods might be the issue but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced something similar,

Thanks

p.s Anyone else eagerly awaiting the Alliance update ;)

Alrighty Bois I have some problems with my server for Avorion, It seems to hang at regular intervals

This seems to happen almost randomly regardless of whats happening on the server itself.

1 minute your trading the next minute all the ships in that sector become ballerinas,

The Problem itself seems to persist with or without any mods big or small.

I would like to know if anyone else has this issue

https://puu.sh/v6Yub/5acdea3ea8.png

Of course I understand that the mods might be the issue but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced something similar,

Thanks

p.s Anyone else eagerly awaiting the Alliance update ;)

Aha. That looks suspiciously like a similar 'just hang' that was fixed in the last patch. This might be on unloading a sector? In which case, if a mod gets into an eternal loop, this would explain the error and the hanging of the server.

Why do I have the Feeling that it could be oosp thats causing it,

well either way thanks for the response I shall try to look into it some more,

althought thats kind of hard when I have no experience with how the modding works for Avorion

Either way Thanks A Million

• 1 month later...
  • Boxelware Team

The issue you experience here could be because of mods. It would be really helpful if you could test that out for us.

The way sectors are saved will change with the next update, so that might be able to help fix that problem, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not entirely sure whether the presence of mods has much to do with it, as I have had the server hang when playing vanilla as well, this seems to only be a problem for windows, or even for just me.

My friend had the server on his Linux server box and it did not hang at all.

The reason we didn't keep it there is because of the memory hog that Avorion is.

It was running for a month with no fault,

as far as I know its either a problem with the Windows server

or my computer and I'm pretty sure its not my PC, but who knows.

and back to the mods part, yes it hangs more frequently when i have mods installed,

but the hang itself I believe is a game issue (pls no ban devs) but hopefully it will be solved with the alliance update *hype*

Either way thanks for the help fellas greatly appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I want to put here some things, I'm not meaning to necro this topic, I merely found a solution

For most people I will seem like a person with a mental illness and you would be correct,

I solved my issue with the server hanging by installing a server use steamcmd, Yes bear with me,

How I had "run" the server before was quite literally just copy pasting the game files and running the "server.bat"

I how ever decided blindly to try and install it the normal and actual way, Who would have guessed?! It worked for hours on end no hang.

TL:DR Im retarded, follow wiki instructions on running a server

This topic can be left to die now, ciao