Avorion Ship Building Contest

Vilusia

Avorion Ship Building Contest

Hello all! I'm new to this community! I really love this game and the whole concept behind it. As you can see I backed the game. I was looking through the ship screen shot thread and an idea came to me. Why not hold a contest for the best looking ship? Well here I am to do that!

To enter it's simple. All you have to do is make a ship! There are some rules though.

Rules

• Do not use another person's ship!
  • Do not use a randomly generated ship!
  • It has to be a ship of your design, it can be inspired by other ships but it can't be an exact copy.
  • Please post a video or image of your ship!
  • You must submit your ship file to enter. Try to use a file sharing site like mediafire or dropbox!
  • The ship must be useable!

Prizes

There can't be a contest without prizes!

The winner will be receiving a $50 Steam gift-card code.

From all the entries, the devs will choose ships they like and work them into the trailer of the final game. You could in theory make last place and your ship might still get featured in the trailer, so all submissions matter.

Official Build Tools

Specifically for this contest, the devs released a standalone version of the up-to-date editor with all materials, up-to-date textures and blocks that exist so far.

You can download the editor here:

Download for Windows

Download for Linux

Well, it's not an official release (yet), but, screw it. A ship building contest is best when you've got the right tools, so everybody who is interested can download the standalone editor featuring all materials and blocks that exist up to this day.

The editor is still pretty experimental, so save your work regularly.

Timeline

The contest will run until the end of August! I will figure out how to do the voting by then!

End Date: 9/1/2016

Everyone have fun and good luck!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boxelware Team

Awesome stuff!

Well, it's not an official release (yet), but, screw it. A ship building contest is best when you've got the right tools, so everybody who is interested can download the standalone editor featuring all materials and blocks that exist up to this day.

Download for Windows

Download for Linux

The editor is still pretty experimental, so save your work regularly.

Two questions:

• Does it need to be usable (engines, crew-quaters etc.)?
  • What about ships that are based on ships that have already appeared somewhere or were designed not for this contest (using ships from Star Wars, making a ship from someone's drawing etc.)?

@Koonschi: #yolo  8)

• Boxelware Team
i try editor and after create ship move XML to demo. this not work

No that doesn't work. The editor uses a slightly different format and other blocks and materials, which is why the demo can't read them.

Num 5 + F8 outside edit mode.

thx but this not free roaming camera

btw

next request fix

inventory not show what user "paste" to in. just black square.

may be add CRTL+SHIFT+V shortcut to do PASTE to INVENTORY

thx but this not free roaming camera

If "Free Camera" that allows you to move anywhere you want isn't free roaming camera then what is? Just curious.

inventory not show what user "paste" to in. just black square.

Note: miniature isn't just rendered when pasted. It will be rendered after you restart game/editor world (go to menu and back). Just make it render when it is pasted and it should go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...