[REQUEST] Space Engineers Big Red and Big Blue

Echo-107

Hello! I have a request for shipbuilders who have played another game called Space Engineers.

Do you remember the iconic ships built by Keen Software House (KSH) as seen in trailers, main menu and gameplay vids on youtube? i have been trying repeatedly and unsuccessfully to try replicate them in game, making me realize just how completely bloody rubbish i am at Avorion.

Seven hours of hard work and faffing about with block after block has produced a rubbish... blocky... messy... thingamajig of a.... a thing. I've realised i'm absolutely rubbish at shipbuilding and have decided to give up trying... because reasons.

The point, would anyone out there with ANY skill at all supply me with an IRON ONLY replica of KSHs Iconic Big Red (Red Ship)

http://publish.illinois.edu/digitalmaking/files/2015/02/space_engineers_red_ship_screenshot.jpg

And an Iron Replica of KSHs Iconic Big Blue (Blue Ship)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/spaceengineers/images/3/36/Blue_2_isometric.png/revision/latest?cb=20140526002651

Can you make them at LEAST the size of a Cruiser or Battlecruiser (min 6 system slots) and make them entirely out of iron? I don't need any serious details like armor plating or lights or other fancy bits just the shape and shell of the ship, but if you can put in any details, i'll be greatly appreciative :) ;D

My kind of building style.

20170508000451_1.jpg?raw=1

20170508000419_1.jpg?raw=1

Needs fettling as currently no thrusters, gyro's, crew quarters, cargo, generators....oh wait, Iron! Solar panels then. Needs lots of block combining as the lag is real currently. I'll fiddle with it tomorrow after work. Might finish this ship too  ;)

ABSOLUTELY EPIC AWESOMENESS

Trillion times better than anything I've so far attempted from looks alone.

Bigger blocks and other stuff would be perfect, my pc doesnt seem to be as good as i'd hoped at running anyuthing despite it being above spec, so any lag saving measures would indeed be wonderful.

beautiful :)

Beautiful! And fast!! My red one still missing its aft and some fine-tuning... and not even started Blue-1  :o

Iron-Only makes doing such a big, winkled thingy quite a challenge, interesting build anyways...

Always thought Red-1 being an ugly ship while Blue-1 with its thin neck is a parade example of how NOT to make it in a spacegame with collision-physics  :P But thats just my view, cant argue bout taste, no?  ;D

@CptLewb Dont forget you can always NOT select any blocks and click the merge button to merge all the blocks that are able to do so on the whole ship at once! Careful here if you have size-dependant details, might br better to select all and deselct your detailwork first then!!

@CptLewb Dont forget you can always NOT select any blocks and click the merge button to merge all the blocks that are able to do so on the whole ship at once! Careful here if you have size-dependant details, might br better to select all and deselct your detailwork first then!!

Indeed, although a word of caution. If like me you have layered the solar panels to increase power output, selecting the entire vessel and clicking merge merges those solar panels too! I didn't notice for nearly an hour.....

It wasn't until I glanced at the overall power output that the penny dropped  :'(

Annoyingly the merge tool doesn't like corner pieces. Thank the lord for the mirror tool as all corners need manually combining!

In other news, Big Red has been out for some space trials. The engineers are strongly advising power upgrades for the equipment slots, and *ahem* TITANIUM!

20170508185326_1.jpg?raw=1

20170508185426_1.jpg?raw=1

She's Cruiser size with 6 equipment slots. The drone has a home too!

20170508185531_1.jpg?raw=1

Big Red XML - Enjoy

Ladys, Gentlemen and asexual Visitors, FDI proudly presents: Red-Rocket...erm, no, Red-1 by Keen Software House!

Red-1 by KSH

"Its ugly, its slow, sluggish and armored with tin foil, why would one use such a thing?" "It crashes nicely?"

- Unknown

Created by request, FDI presents its latest addition to its range of products: Space Engineers Iconic Vessel iself, Red-1, better known as "Big Red"!

[spoiler=Pic with Stats]TBG0PHr.gif

Price: 82.266 Cr. + 19.784 Iron

Red-1.xml

A closer look at the Hangar(-ish, there is no Hangar at Iron Tier i fear...  :-\ ) Area:

[spoiler=Flyby]pSEKsbE.gif

Lets go on with Blue-1... Oh, and yes, i also recomment strongly to get your hands on some Titanium ASAP!

EDIT: This one was alot easier compared to BigRed! Same scale, so abit smaller than the other one... To prevent doublepost, here you go again:

Ladys, Gentlemen and asexual Visitors, FDI proudly presents: Tadpole... nah, joking, Blue-1 by Keen Software House!

Blue-1 by KSH

"What do you mean with 'red goes fasta'? It does not!"

- Unknown

In addition to the iconic Red-1, FDI recently announced to be able to deliver Blue-1 aswell in a KSH SE Startup Bundle, now available at the Shipyard of your choice!

[spoiler=Pic with Stats]zFDU6XE.gif

Price: 30.320 Cr. + 8.112 Iron

Blue-1.xml

Same as for Red-1 goes for this one, the sooner you get some Titanium, the better... thb i would never bother to actually make such big ships for Iron-Tier in Survival... but heh, requested, and delivered, hf and gl with those! ^,.,^

Anything else? Copied alot of SE Vessles into Avorion, sadly i only got the pics left which i putted online since my HDD broke, for example Hyperion Systems' Snow Leopard Attack Corvette:

79A1908B2F24DC9ABB459871EC4BC5F97716F8BC

... or WMI's Paperboy Kinetic Torpedo FAC:

066FCBAA1C81DE8281C787B75ED1236DFAD9BBA9

... or big chunks of the whole Ares Combat Industries Fleet, which i adapted for my own project here in Avorion (Click me hard! to get into Fox' Lair...)

Another EDIT: Could it be the original name is "Blue-2", not "Blue-1"? Anyways, too lazy to change that on all the pics, texts and .xml's ...

Fox, I'm so glad you built Big Blue!

I started it last night, actually completed the hull in about 20 minutes! Then hit a million issues, to name a few:

• Hiding Solar panels, yet retaining size and colouring
  • Scale in relation to Big Red. Big Red looks, to me anyway, that it should be a single person vessel, or at least very low crew count. Big Blue however looks like it should have 10's if not 100's of crew.
  • Modules. To get to 6 modules the ship scale would need to be HUGE as the block count of Big Blue compared to Big Red is far, far lower.

Good job anyway!

TEN TRILLION THANKS TO YOU ALL!!!!

To be absolutely honest, Iron building request was so that i could use it as a starter ship early game, then slowly upgrade it bit by bit when i got access to better materials. Use it as my fleet flagship basically, just a general 'hi-sec' cruiser to sod around with while i build up something that can actually be all shooty bashy stabby crashy to all the 'lowsec' nasties out near the galaxy center.

Big Blue i can VERY easily modify to be a cargo/crew carrier for setting up stations and factories, while Big Red can be one hell of a startup gunship. Its just a matter of taking bits and pieces off here and adding a few others or changing block mats, i've gotten VERY good at modifying existing ships, but every attempt thus far to create my own unique vehicle has been met with OH MY FARKING GAWD KILL IT WITH FIRE SO FUGLY OMG *HEART ATTACK* quality vessels.

The way i build ships in Space Engineers is VERY, VERY different. What i do is i collect other ships, CHOP THEM UP, then copy paste the chopped off bits onto another hull, creating a unique/notatallreallythatunique ship. My designs are usually cruiser or battleship sized.

Ironic isnt it? I'm absolutely bloody awful at these kinds of games - but theyre the only ones i consider worth playing. wierd huh?

Still, thanks to all who tried, thanks to all who succeeded, and yes i know about the ACI combat series.... I have ALL of those ships in my SE blueprints folder and even used a few chopped off bits on one of my own ships. Beautiful ships those.

I will however say, my favorite ship EVER is the Jedi Venator Star Cruiser from you-know-damn-well-where. Big Red and Big Blue just needed to be done, theyre iconic ships. Also.... i have THIS in my SE blueprint folder:

Its a VERY old design but it is essentially a PIMP'T OWT version of Big Red (at least from my perspective)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=325540826&searchtext=penitence+of+solace

If you like you could give this a shot too. Its slightly larger, more powerful and fancier, sort of like a 'luxury' version of Big Red. I quite enjoyed chopping it up in game :)

you're welcome, and... OH SH**! Now THATS a beefy Red-1!!

if you can provide at least a screenshot from top, down, side, front and back i should be able to recreate the "Penitence", hard to judge from the 2 pics on the link... thats how i copy the ACI ships btw, by the pictures uploaded on the workshop... the zoom- and turnable 3D-Sketchfab you gave to us made things alot easier, but thats a luxury im not used to!  8)

Otherwise, i agree that i tend to build in a very different way here compared to SE, but what you describe sounds more like Orcs trying to get their green hands on a new SpaceHulk (for non-40k enthusiasts, like THIS)  :P

Jokes aside, me glad you like them, and for the Irony: Thats what this forum (and the Workshop in the near future \o/ ) is here for, no?

Sharing stuff, inspire ppl and get inspired (and sometimes shocked by the creativity some show off!), and basically have a nice time with others enjoying the same game as you do...

Well that would be ridiculously difficult i'm afraid, sadly the blueprint itself is VERY old and is also modded with mods that have been deleted due to sheer age.

I'm waiting for confirmation from the original author if i can repost it in game as a vanilla blueprint, see if i can rebuild it or something and reupload it for you.

I can however say that the Penitence definitely IS a pimped out version of Big Red, the ORIGINAL Big Red BEFORE the SE Oxygen Update, so this is quite the find. i'm working on it in game to TRY - emphasis on TRY - to make it a bit better looking and smooth out edges and such like, but i can make no promises. As previously stated i'm NOT good at this stuff.

Theres also NEW versions of Big Red AND Big Blue thanks to SE going full beta - plus MANY different but equally beautiful fan made versions of those two ships, its amazing to look at the progress SE has gone through since the start.

Sadly at the moment of this writing SE workshop has decided to crap itself and die, so i cant supply any examples :(

Indeed, although a word of caution. If like me you have layered the solar panels to increase power output, selecting the entire vessel and clicking merge merges those solar panels too! I didn't notice for nearly an hour.....

It wasn't until I glanced at the overall power output that the penny dropped  :'(

Annoyingly the merge tool doesn't like corner pieces. Thank the lord for the mirror tool as all corners need manually combining!

In other news, Big Red has been out for some space trials. The engineers are strongly advising power upgrades for the equipment slots, and *ahem* TITANIUM!

20170508185326_1.jpg?raw=1

20170508185426_1.jpg?raw=1

She's Cruiser size with 6 equipment slots. The drone has a home too!

20170508185531_1.jpg?raw=1

Big Red XML - Enjoy

I've found that if you want to prevent similar blocks from merging with a "merge all",  painting them alternating different colors will prevent them from merging.  also useful for thrusters and gyros from merging together when you don't want them to.