[Mod] GuardianScout

Hammelpilaw

Deprecated notice

This mod moved into my new mod Ham Galaxy Settings. So updates for this as a standalone mod will stop from now on. Currently it is still compatible with Avorion 0.18.2 though.All features of this mod are ported to the new one, so in future you should use the Galaxy Settings mod instead.

When you reach the end game, got a 15 slot ship and good weapons, fights were to easy to me. Especially the guardian is much too easy to be called endgame boss, even if you play on hardest difficulty. So I started to change this.

This mod makes the boss taller, stronger and he makes much more damage. It also increases his range, so there is almost no chance to outrange him. But it does not spawn when you enter sector 0:0. Instead of the guardian there is only the "Wormhole Scout", wich is almost equal to the vanilla guardian, only its damage is slightly increased. Killing the scout will spawn a beacon, wich can be used to call the Guardian, wich got very much stronger then the vanilla guardian. New players with smaller ships can just kill the scout to farm stuff, the Guardian will only spawn if it is called with the beacon.

B5A96ECD514B877AABE0AB1EB357510C2E3FC47C

• The damage should be about 1 mio ohm in default settings. The displayed value of 4mio ohm is falsified by some balancing calculations and wrong. It makes the fight very interesting, even if you got about 80mio shield.
  • His plasma turrets are replaced by pulse cannons, so he is able to hit your hull while your shields are still up (can be disabled).
  • Because it got much stronger, the drop rate is slightly increased.
  • You can also improve server performance (should not be needed anymore since multithreading update, but will remain in mod though).

You don't like the default balancing of this mod? Then change it by easily editing the settings in the config file:

/mods/GuardianScout/config/GuardianScoutConfig.lua

Remember:

His weapons can drop, that means if you set the reach to 15km, it can sometimes drop weapons with 15km reach, but their damage is very low. The damage of weapons can be modified by the values "dmgMultiplier" and "pulseDmgMultiplier". If you increase it too much, the damage could get op. Change at your own risk. This values are for balancing the pulse cannons damage in relation to laser/railgun damage. You better only decrease these values to balance its pulse damage.

The total damage should only be modified with "entityDamageMultiplier", wich does not touch the weapon damage (it changes an entity property, not a weapon property, to modify the damage of all equipped turrets).

If you need any help send me a pm.

Known issues

• Increased range does not work very well yet. At least it is enaugh to make it hard to outrange the Scout/Guardian.
    Update for Avorion 0.16.x: Guardians range really needs a rework since comabt update I.
    Update: Range still does not work, although his weaps really have a range of 22km. It may be be a KI problem, or I missed anything... However, same settings work well for XsotanDreadnought, but not for Guardian.

Version History

- Upgraded mod to provide compatibility to Avorion 0.17.1

- Did improvements to range settings, but still does not work very well. Watch known issues for more information

Older Versions:

- Added anti torpedo weapons to boss - Compatibility to version 0.16.2

Added range rework to the roadmap, not implemented yet!

- Improved compatibilty to Avorion 0.15.7

- Fixed issue that the boss weapon reach was set to 0

- Fixed an issue where the Guardian did not open wormholes and got immortal shields this way

- Guadians support ships got even more stronger

- Fixed issues in version 0.5. Beacon should spawn correctly now and error messages in log are fixed.

- Moved modfiles to the /mods directory

- Wormhole Scout will now also open wormholes to call support ships

- The support ships called by the Guardian are stronger now

- Changed modname to GuardianScout

- Added the Wormhole Scout. Killing him spawns a beacon wich can be used to call the guardian. If you do not use the beacon, the guardian will not spwn

- Reduced Guardians shield loss when opening the wormholes. Now you have to kill the shields by yourself

- Improved balancing

- Improved compatibility with Avorion 0.14 (added namespaces and so on).

- Release: GuardianBuff

GuardianScout-0.6.5.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The scout drops less stuff but together they drop more then vanilla boss at all. However the mod is made to get a challange in endgame, the few more loot you get is just a minor matter. But without the scout (only with stronger guardian) it would be hard for new players to farm stuff, so I added the scout.

• 3 weeks later...

The 0.5 download seems to miss the "story/wormholescout.lua" script

Shame on me... Seems I messed something up when packaging the mod  :o

Just fixed it, did some more improvements to the code, and moved modfiles do /mods folder.

Well... what the hell did I do there yesterday... it is still bugged. However, will fix it asap. Please do not use it until next release.

I should only release mods when im less drunken then yesterday....

Quite an interesting implementation, for the variety of the final boss!

He would still be given the opportunity to use the full model of a large station, like Gate Xenon, and use super weapons like the death star, causing 10,000 damage and 100,000 if the player ignores the boss laser itself.

The 0.5 download seems to miss the "story/wormholescout.lua" script

Shame on me... Seems I messed something up when packaging the mod  :o

Just fixed it, did some more improvements to the code, and moved modfiles do /mods folder.

Well... what the hell did I do there yesterday... it is still bugged. However, will fix it asap. Please do not use it until next release.

I should only release mods when im less drunken then yesterday....

Is it still bugged?

Also a question. If i defeat the guardian and re spawn him another time, is he even stronger?

It would be really nice if he gets like 10% stronger for every respawn. (Best would be that he stores the "kill counters" per player)

Xostan Guardian 13 with 1000 Million Live and 200k omicron ;)

Is it still bugged?

Also a question. If i defeat the guardian and re spawn him another time, is he even stronger?

It would be really nice if he gets like 10% stronger for every respawn. (Best would be that he stores the "kill counters" per player)

It is still bugged sorry, maybe i will find the time to fix it today, but cant promise yet.

When you killed the Guardian you can not spawn another one. Only the Scout drops a beacon to spawn the Guardian, so it does not grow even stronger. In default settings it got about 20-30 mio hull and shields i think (not sure how much exactly) and 1mio omicron.

You can make it as strong as you want by modifying the config file.

But the idea to even bigger ones sounds interesting... Maybe i will think about it, how to implement something like this without adding too much avo and items to the galaxy, endless chain kills would be op in this way.

Is it still bugged?

It is still bugged sorry, maybe i will find the time to fix it today, but cant promise yet.

When you killed the Guardian you can not spawn another one. Only the Scout drops a beacon to spawn the Guardian, so it does not grow even stronger. In default settings it got about 20-30 mio hull and shields i think (not sure how much exactly) and 1mio omicron.

You can make it as strong as you want by modifying the config file.

But the idea to even bigger ones sounds interesting... Maybe i will think about it, how to implement something like this without adding too much avo and items to the galaxy, endless chain kills would be op in this way.

Thats why he has to be stronger each time. If you try to often he will salvage you.

Btw: Vote for Guardian / Adds with strong salvagers :D

Thats why he has to be stronger each time. If you try to often he will salvage you.

Btw: Vote for Guardian / Adds with strong salvagers :D

But if you got a strong ship you can salvage crazy much avorion. When you salvage the current increased boss you can get about 5mio or even more sometimes... so when you make it about 10 or 20 times taller (wich i also could kill with my current ship) you earn too much avorion. Sadly there is no way to make it stronger without making him even bigger (please tell me if im wrong) without make him drop more avo.

What exactly do you mean by guardian with strong salvagers?

Ps.: fix is coming soon, currently doing last tests  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Have had good reactions on the new boss, only one potential issue is the big boss not despawning and leading to potential unwanted behaviour.

Most players who jump to the boss for the first time, are not prepared to fight the big guardian.

So to prevent griefing/ships from other players being lost, it would be useful if the big one despawns when the player that summoned him leaves the sector. Ofcourse it would be ideal if this was configurable, for those who don't want this behaviour but it would definately work for our server.

Edit:

Instead of the guardian despawning for the player that summoned it, if possible it would be better for it to despawn once the last player leaves the sector.

Have had good reactions on the new boss, only one potential issue is the big boss not despawning and leading to potential unwanted behaviour.

Most players who jump to the boss for the first time, are not prepared to fight the big guardian.

So to prevent griefing/ships from other players being lost, it would be useful if the big one despawns when the player that summoned him leaves the sector. Ofcourse it would be ideal if this was configurable, for those who don't want this behaviour but it would definately work for our server.

Sounds like a good idea. Will remember this for next mod version, thanks.

Another good idea that could apply to all bosses would be to scale up the difficulty depending on the amount of players (ships, not drones) in the sector once it is summoned.

This could be realised by using the beacon and check which and how many player ships are in the sector, and scale up the difficulty and loot depending on that.

Another good idea that could apply to all bosses would be to scale up the difficulty depending on the amount of players (ships, not drones) in the sector once it is summoned.

This could be realised by using the beacon and check which and how many player ships are in the sector, and scale up the difficulty and loot depending on that.

Already thought about this, but for most bosses it does not work, cause the boss spawns when the first player enters the sector. For some bosses it would be fine though.

• 4 weeks later...