Alliance - Anti-griefer

Kostriktor

Suggestion

Hello,

today i probably caught a griefer, someone in our alliance roaming our allied factions and attacking them. Our relations to these places are now pirate-like and our business is over.

The server masters here at Rusty said they have no way to see who did these griefs.

I imagine you are working deeper in the game, but such things are just "human" and need regulation imo.

Thinking of it, if the map would have updated her colors in realtime, i would have realized what that guy is doing sooner. these areas turned red on the map only once i came back to them. (with cargo to sell...)

Hope you find a solution for these guild-life issues. there's too many pricks out there to build an alliance, wast as the universe, upon "trust".

great game. keep it up

4 answers to this suggestion

Some sort of logging would be beneficial too, so that there can be kept track of transactions and reputation gain.

We've had some issues with it already and we don't have access to any of the information so unfortunately can't do anything about it.

If we'd have access to it through the API we could mod it ourselves.

How about a solution with game mechanic?

Calculate the alliance-NPC standings by the average standings of all members.

In this case one memember can not ruin a alliance allone.

When you can see the numbers, how your alliance standing is calculated, you can kick the troublemaker and everything is fine after that.

For better performance, you can recount the alliance standings maybe ervery 15 min.

How about a solution with game mechanic?

Calculate the alliance-NPC standings by the average standings of all members.

In this case one memember can not ruin a alliance allone.

When you can see the numbers, how your alliance standing is calculated, you can kick the troublemaker and everything is fine after that.

For better performance, you can recount the alliance standings maybe ervery 15 min.

These solution sounds simple and effective... i'm impressed (no joke)! 8)

;-)

Hope a dev is reading this.