I think i found a way to make the game ALOT better

Ramfire

Suggestion

So I have 73 hours in game.  I am a miner at heart and run a fleet of 4 miners 1 salvage 1 combat ship.

What I have noticed so far.

(1) Miners will go to a rock.  Mine a bit.  move..mine a bit..move mine a bit move.  Fluffy rock stuff comes off it misses some go get fluffy stuff move around and mine.

(1) Salvage ship will shoot something move..shoot move..shoot move.. chase fluffy drop module whatever then move again.

(1) Combat ships will fire a salve..Spin in 3 circles.. Move and fire salvo etc.

The combat one I cant suggest much for  as its just firing but sure seems like it does a lot of thinking.

Salvage ship and miner can be fixed by adding ONE thing to the game..And that is called...wait for it.

T H E TRACTOR BEAM.

You got it no more jerking around to get in range to pick stuff up.  Mount multiple with various ranges like everything else and the ship can mine and salvage and not have to worry about moving.

The amount of computations done to move a ship around left and right taking into account velocity drift etc etc is a lot more math then lock and drag in.  Set timers on them so they are not instant.  Make them have various pull times etc.

I am pretty sure this would be easy to put in all the programming is already there.  Also cool tractor beams are very space like.

2 answers to this suggestion

As an alternative they could also have drones that can pickup and shuttle back "fluf", maybe even mine too.  I realised there are ships and at very least mods that enable them to act as mining ships, but I'm talking tiny tiny ships that probably have more in common with missiles and don't require ship bays, only launch turrets (??), boarding ports are assumed - how else do you get stuff onto your ship?