Homeworld Ships

Patman3035

Hey there, in the past week or so Ive started getting into Avorions custom ship building.  So being a fan of Homeworld I've started to put them up on the Steam Workshop. I'm starting off with the Kushan ships from the original game and work my way up.  I'll be putting my current goals here. 

My useual process is get the rough ship going then take it to my friends server for a "Shake Down" to get the bugs and get it balanced.  Also I use Iron, Titanium and Naonite as base materials. 

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/patman3035/myworkshopfiles/?appid=445220

Kushan Ships

-Mothership

-Scout (Fighter) (Done)

-Interceptor (Fighter) (Done)

-Attack Bomber (Fighter) (Done)

-Defender (Fighter) (Done)

-Cloaked Fighter (Fighter) (Done)

-Light Corvette (Fighter) (Done)

-Heavy Corvette (Fighter)(Done)

-Salvage Corvette (Done)

-Repair Corvette (Fighter) (Done)

-Multi-Gun Corvette (Fighter)(Done)

-Minelayer Corvette (Fighter)  (Done) (not sure what weapon type to use with this one)

-Assault Frigate (Done)

-Ion Frigate (Done)

-Support Frigate (Done)

-Drone Frigate (Done)

-Destroyer (Done)

-Missile Destroyer

-Carrier (Done)

-Heavy Cruiser

-Resource Collector (Done)

-Res. Controller

-Khar-Selim/Khar-Toba - planning to make it all out of Iron

Kushan Stations (I know some are not stations but would be cool if they were)

-Scaffold

-Research Vessel

-Sensors Array

Kushan Other

-Cryo Trays

-Probe

-Proximity Sensor

-Target Drone

Good work so far.  I can't wait to see what you come up with next.  There's at least 2 other people working on a similar project on this forum, you may want to check out what they've built so far.  Specifically Maffin, his Hiigaran ships are awesome.

http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3247.0.html

also I made a version of the Turanic Ion Array Frigate, feel free to use or mod it to your liking.

B4192FFFD6C11097A3A994F1818E3C9C78FB22EF

(you can get the file here) http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,2644.msg13867.html#msg13867

Ya I saw his ships...... way better than mine love the detail work.  I'm mainly going to concentrate on the original Homeworld ships and after dip into cataclysm.  Lots of work to do and with the new fighter update. Nice to see that most of the corvettes I did can be used as fighters (going to try to fix the salvage corvette to be used as a fighter).  Also love the raider Ion frigate, nice detail work.

• 2 weeks later...

So after buying the game and seeing some of your awesome Homeworld builds, I decided I was going to take a crack at it myself.  I figured I'd start small and try a Kadeshi Swarmer.

qppb9Ug.jpg

8XU9fwd.jpg

bqwqcmP.jpg

QwP7Oqb.jpg

This was a real pain to keep under the 200 block limit for fighters, so there's some detail that I wanted to clean up but simply didn't have the blocks to do.  I'm generally pretty pleased with how it came out (particularly the engine block), thought the front facade isn't perfect and I may try to revisit it.

• 9 months later...