Toggle No Turning

HellCrescent

Suggestion

I love this game, and if I was without a filter I would request 1,000 addons for the game. Instead I would like to request one simple feature that would make ship piloting feel a lot smoother to myself. This feature being the ability to 'Toggle "No Turning"'.

This would be a change to add a check box under 'Control Settings' labled something like 'Toggel No Turning (Mouse Steering)' That changes the behavior of the 'Mouse Steering' hot key to toggle on or off when you tap the programmed key.

Mouse Steering takes into account a lot of different aspects to piloting that benefit players including easy piloting via mouse steering and the ability to hold a key that allows you to ignore this feature for the purpose of aiming and looking around. This coupled with the keyboard controls mouse steering offers make it feel very good in comparison to keyboard steering. But it would be really nice to just tap ctrl to toggle 'No Turning' on/off instead of holding it while piloting to point my armor at the enemy and firing my broadside turrets at ships. So far I have been remedying this by adding a macro that toggles ctrl being held down or not, but I feel this should be a feature in the game as sort of an option to round out mouse steering.

Thank you very much for reading my post and I hope this request makes it into consideration <3

2 answers to this suggestion

There already is such a function; it is default bound to f2. It will change the turning controls to WASD and you have a variable throttle (changed the keybinds, I don't remember the defaults)

I use it when flying my giant ship, as simply turning can smash the bow into another ship or even a station, and do serious damage.

I also use it when I want to do something else while my ship flies towards a distant target.