Player owned resource station restocks the materials?

Cyka

Is this intended? as if the resource station isn't useless enough, i deposited some materials and a few hours later they all resetted to 0, no chance for other players to buy them!

sadly resource rarely restock.

very very rare.

never build resource depot.

Is this intended? as if the resource station isn't useless enough, i deposited some materials and a few hours later they all resetted to 0, no chance for other players to buy them!

Are you sure they weren't purchased by AI ships?

Im pretty sure Ai cant use resources, i never got any money from them purchasing either. Millions of ore i sold just vanished out of thin air. Originally i intended to sell it at my station so other player can buy them and i get some passive income

sadly resource rarely restock.

very very rare.

never build resource depot.

Well i dont mind they dont restock, i do mind however they somehow eat all the materials and set them to 0!

Okay, so player-owned Resource Depot are given special treatment for some reason, but that does mean that there should be disparity in the code somewhere where it deals with Resource Depot. Something in pseudo-code like "if this Resource Depot is owned by a player, don't stockpile goods".

Okay, so player-owned Resource Depot are given special treatment for some reason, but that does mean that there should be disparity in the code somewhere where it deals with Resource Depot. Something in pseudo-code like "if this Resource Depot is owned by a player, don't stockpile goods".

Resource depot needs serious improvement ON TOP of the fix. Right now it is outright useless in singe-player and just nonexistent in general, i wouldnt mind the depot regularly buys or put some material in the stock for you to take, otherwise why even bother?

Resource depot needs serious improvement ON TOP of the fix. Right now it is outright useless in singe-player and just nonexistent in general, i wouldnt mind the depot regularly buys or put some material in the stock for you to take, otherwise why even bother?

Excatly, the only reason you have this station are selling resource.

Nothing more than that if you buy all the resource.

So avoid building res depot.

(RIP my money) (i am rich anyway)

I'm guessing they put it in because they put all the other stuff in, too, and it's now in as a preliminary Station you can build. If it was the only Station out there you couldn't build yet, you'd be "but why not?"

Right now it is outright useless in singe-player and just nonexistent in general
Hang on, are you saying that if you create a RD inside a different faction's Sector, you still don't make any money for operating it? That sounds broken. I mean, I have no experience operating one so I wouldn't know, but I'd expect at least an income from NPCs coming up to it and trading for resources.

I'm guessing they put it in because they put all the other stuff in, too, and it's now in as a preliminary Station you can build. If it was the only Station out there you couldn't build yet, you'd be "but why not?"

Right now it is outright useless in singe-player and just nonexistent in general
Hang on, are you saying that if you create a RD inside a different faction's Sector, you still don't make any money for operating it? That sounds broken. I mean, I have no experience operating one so I wouldn't know, but I'd expect at least an income from NPCs coming up to it and trading for resources.

Alot of the stations that arent obvious in trading are bugged. Smuggler's den for example GIVES NO MONEY IF YOU SELL STOLEN GOODS. They all literally disappear in thin air.

Oh, wow. I was planning on creating one of those in a dark Sector for... well... let's say additional funds to help further the progress of my Empire. Thanks for informing me.

there is no empire yet.

probably a merchant enterprise. (who need a fix)

One of the AI resource stations I sell to regularly blows almost all of its resources on something or other. I'm not sure why, but even though it's in a Xanion based sector, it never uses the Xanion I sell to it and instead just empties out everything Trinium and below.

I think the AI actually buys and uses resources from resource depots, or at the very least makes resources mined disappear into thin air. It's not just player resource stations.

So the thing about resource depots is that much like any other station they consume resources.

The resource depot has materials it will buy and I have noticed they do slowly consume any ore stored within.

As far as I am aware for trade purposes stations only get A.I. visitors if they are set to request them.

And it won't get any natural traffic unless it is in a system that has at least one warp gate.

Furthermore and I will only mention this once.

As far as I am aware resource depots do not seem to service anything other than players.

The A.I. cannot "hold" or "transport" raw resources found in the depo, as that is a player resource.

And those ores are not manifested in cargo holds as they are not "Cargo".

A.I. only buy and sell "Cargo" that includes ship mods and turrets but not "resources".

Also, consider that A.I. "Ore" is a "Cargo" item.

Therefore you will not see A.I. ships buying or selling them. (Exception for A.I. merchant depots.)

So in conclusion. The resource depot is only useful in multiplayer.

And only if you are willing to take the evaporation loss to sell the resources to other player factions.

Nonetheless, it still has to be available in singleplayer to work for the multiplayer as they are the same server software except when you start singleplayer the game is not hosting the port to the internet. It just enables it locally.

I hope that my attempt at explaining what may be going on there, helps you in some way.

Exactly, all of those points are true. Which is why my first mod efforts are currently directed towards making a Resource Depot that restocks and attracts Traders and stuff. It's pretty cool so far!

Currently struggling with some silly issues you might expect to run into when trying to Frankenstein together the two completely disparate classes of Resource Depot and Factories, which, although similar, behave completely differently on a few key points.