Why Avorion fucking sucks.

The AI fucking sucks so to make up for their poor AI programming skills the developers have made asteroids and space stations the most formidable enemy in the game, collisions of any kind catastrophic unless you do it against an enemy AI, then you just bounce off of them. OTHERWISE, asteroids are more formidable than the strongest enemy ships in the galaxy because these developers DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE A SPACE GAME.

You literally just copied elements of other space games, theres nothing original about this garbage, just the fact that you incorporated two good aspects from two other space games that already exist.

The physics are garbage, if you tap something going more than 100kph, your ship explodes, even though your shop can withstand fire from multiple enemies, spend 3 days straight gathering and fighting your way through countless enemies and whoops, you brush up against an asteroid or a space station and now you have to build a ship to go get everything you worked for for the last 3 days straight. oh and guess what, since you built up all that fatigue getting your shit back you crashed that one to because the developers think they're giving an authentic experience, what a fucking arrogant load of drivel. Fuck off with your stupid bullshit asteroids.

Don't bother addressing me, this is a shitpost, I wont be back on these forums, i wont be playing this garbage game anymore.

I can discern two things from your rant:

1) You just crashed and lost everything, because you put everything in one ship.

2) You had an integrity field generator covering your whole ship. Bad idea.  Don't blame you though, easy mistake to make.

You may or may not know you can turn collision damage off/down.  Can't tell.

2) You had an integrity field generator covering your whole ship. Bad idea.  Don't blame you though, easy mistake to make.
Wait, what? What does this do? Does it link one block's damage to that of another? That's not at all what I'd expect an Integrity Field Generator to do. :o

Wait, what? What does this do? Does it link one block's damage to that of another? That's not at all what I'd expect an Integrity Field Generator to do. :o

the bigger integrity means bigger radius.

the bigger integrity didn't add additional HP.

and this game need update.

Seriously. please dev, make an update. please.

So the Integrity Field Generator makes your ship larger, i.e. easier to hit and easier to run into things? How is that supposed to improve your ship? xD

I thought I read somewhere that the IFG "reduces damage per block by 10". I hope that's 10% and not just a flat "10", because that makes little difference in the post-Iron game, if that's what it does.

So the Integrity Field Generator makes your ship larger, i.e. easier to hit and easier to run into things? How is that supposed to improve your ship? xD

I thought I read somewhere that the IFG "reduces damage per block by 10". I hope that's 10% and not just a flat "10", because that makes little difference in the post-Iron game, if that's what it does.

i mean radius effected area.

Ignore Hellatze, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

To put it simply, it is as you said the first time. Blocks within an integrity field generator will share the damage they take with each other, to a degree.

This is great because now your fragile blocks can utilize some of the durability of your tougher blocks.

This is terrible because instead of just breaking off when destroyed, that block can now cause massive damage to your ship.

I highly advise putting a bumper in front of your ship and not covering it with your IFG.

Mm, intriguing. That's actually very counter-intuitive. But I like the trade-off system in place. I'd like it to be better explained though.

That adds some more strategic depth to shipbuilding, actually. Like you say, tough but non-integral outer shell, or even just a bumper, not protected by IFG surrounding an IFG-shelled inner ship. I like that. I'm also gonna have to rethink a lot of my ships' designs.

Is it just me, or have there been a LOT of uninformed people posting on gaming forums lately? I don't mean just about this game, I've seen it about many other games too. It seems like in the past month or two the trolls have really started to come out of the woodwork.

For example: this guy does know that he can tweak the collision damage to his preference, or even turn it off? No, of course he doesn't. Yet he makes a new account for these forums for the single purpose of posting his uninformed opinion as fact instead of taking 10 seconds to go over the difficulty settings.

Dont be full of yourself.

This game poorly documented , and tutorial didnt explain a lot of things.

The collision damage is an option when you make a new game. I believe that the default collision damage should be set lower, and/or reworked somewhat, but yeah early access games don't often have the best in the way of tutorials. Why are you expecting AAA release features on early access indie titles?

@Psycho Romeo

I can't find anything about blocks within the radius sharing health, do you have any reliable source?

@Shrooblord

According to patch 0.10.2:

"'Integrity fields now work more the way they were intended to in the first place.[...]'

Integrity field blocks only increase durability and no longer make blocks invincible. Blocks inside integrity fields can now take 10 times as much damage before they explode. This does NOT change the ship's overall HP or damage taken, it only makes the blocks harder to destroy."

@Psycho Romeo

I can't find anything about blocks within the radius sharing health, do you have any reliable source?

Got the info from a vet off discord.  It also aligns with my personal experience.  Bump a rock without an IFG and watch the block crumple. Do the same with an IFG and watch half your health vanish instead. Works best (if suicide is your measure of "best") if the IFG is large and covers your entire ship. Compare that to an IFG that only covers one or two small blocks.

Well, an integrity field doesn't have to let blocks share hp with each other to produce the kinds of damage you're seeing. If a block takes a massive hit (such as from a collision), normally that block would break off and your ship's health would only take a small hit. With an integrity field generator, the block has 10x more health so you'll take 10x more damage from a collision because the block can absorb 10x more damage before breaking. I think.

Maybe a scam game like star forge, or any indie game that scam a lot of people.

I never put down my suspicion.

Don't forget your tinfoil hat!

Integrity fields act as a multiplier (x10 If I remember correctly) of a "blocks" hitpoints, BUT NOT of your "ships" hit points.

This is a dumbed down version but gives you the idea:

So a ship with 90 HP, you add a block with 10HP. Ship total is now 100 HP.

Somebody blasts your ship with a giga cannon (or more commonly we hit an asteriod, but when friends ask....it's always a giga cannon) and hits that block; block is destroyed but ship is left is left with 90hp.

If that block has an integrity field, the block now has 100hp. If you clip an asteriod now on that block (err I mean get hit by the giga cannon),  that blocks HP is equivalent to you ships HP, so your ship HP is reduced  to 0 and you go BOOM.

So, basically it is possible to have more blocks worth of HP than your  total ship HP due to integrity fields. Great for making little detail blocks being more resilient, bad for armor layer blocks, or if you have designed your ship with the idea of losing chunks to save overall ship HP deductions from hits.

While I'm totally willing to admit I'm wrong, it doesn't account for a critical mechanic I've been told and have experienced - a single large IFG is more effective than numerous small ones because one field covering everything is more reliable than ten small fields covering a small handful of things.

If the fields did in fact allow blocks to share damage, that'd make perfect sense.

I think someone may have hit an asteroid... xDDDDD

Weakling, lol.

The best part is that you can actually turn collision damage off. OP went in with 100% collision damage thinking he is good at vidio gaems, crashed and got mad that isn't actually that good. :D

One thing is true - enemies are waaaaaay too easy to deal with. They should be as POWERFUL as asteroids, lol.

I also love the part in which OP says that crashing at ONLY 100 kph (afaik the actual unit is 100 m/s, so that it is actually 360kph, but who cares) shouldn't be that painful. Try that with your car. And then try it at actual 360kph, and see what happens.

Bigger objects are actually more prone to being damaged.

I also love the part in which OP says that crashing at ONLY 100 kph (afaik the actual unit is 100 m/s, so that it is actually 360kph, but who cares) shouldn't be that painful. Try that with your car. And then try it at actual 360kph, and see what happens.
I know, right? This made me chuckle too. I was thinking to myself "Well, what do you think should happen when a 100 megaton ship made of metal and fragile fuel containers and critical electrical parts and ammunition for guns rams head-first into a 100 megaton chunk of pure, solid rock hardened by the icy vacuum of space at 100 m/s?"

I know, right? This made me chuckle too. I was thinking to myself "Well, what do you think should happen when a 100 megaton ship made of metal and fragile fuel containers and critical electrical parts and ammunition for guns rams head-first into a 100 megaton chunk of pure, solid rock hardened by the icy vacuum of space at 100 m/s?"

they blows up.

however my ship who bigger than said asteroid still blow my ship away.

tested with death star sized ship.

that small asteroid should died, not mine.

It seems people really seem to forget the scale of the asteroids in avorion iic a 1x1x1 block measures as about 10 meters. I took the smallest asteroid I could find and roughly measured it's length. It came out to about 21 to 22 1x1x1 blocks long or 210 to 220 meters, thats a pretty big rock if you ask me, and it's solid, unlike a space ship which voids and empty space along with a relatively thin hull.