Alliance emblem

Kpt-Price

Suggestion

What the subject says - leaders of alliance being able to set its own unique coat of arms. This COA would show in the build menu of every alliance member, allowing them to put it on their vessel. This feature would add immersion to the game as well as make the game even more aesthetically pleasing.

I know that the editor already allows the creation of more complex shapes, but sculpting each little part separately is in my opnion too hard/time wasting for some players. Creating an emblem in an image editor like GIMP or Photoshop is much easier.

Perhaps the best way to implement it is to force the desired size to 512x512 px and the format to .tga, but i'll leave the back-end to the developers :)

8 answers to this suggestion

Sweet! While I do agree that a COA would be super-neat, maybe we could consider it being part of the Build Mode? There's a tiny "square/rectangular ship" that you can edit that has block depth of 0.05 m, and you can do whatever you want in there. That way you could even have a COA that incorporates glowing or shiny blocks, and add stuff like Inertia Dampeners to it, which flare up from time to time.

I mention this because a spray-on decal like an external image file is unlike anything the game has right now, and I'm not sure if it would work with the rest of the game. Also, you can't safeguard the image fitting in the aesthetic style of the rest of the game, while making the decal itself also be constructed out of blocks, this safeguard is pretty much inherent.

What do you think?

Wonderful idea ;D !

Especially the inertial dampener flaring exemple.

Once I made my cuddle logo with hologram blocks on a glass block, but the glass kept breaking so I made it an holo too, but having to change the logo on every ship was quite cumbersome.

Since in MP people would have to sometimes change their coat of arms, streamlining that process would be neat :).

Holy carp that's awesome! I'll have to get more into using hologram blocks. Never touched them, yet...

I only figured out you could do this from DL'ing a ship from the workshop that had a (very very VERY crude)  Kriegsmarine flag on the mast ( it's also the ship I learned how to get extreme detail from.

(Feel free to message me if you ever need help with them)

Well you could just do a template from a finished flag, but that's only available for your personal use. I wonder if colors are saved in a template... I've never used the myself.

I wonder if one can share templates with others like you share ship designs? Would kinda solve the whole issue of the topic here.

If you're wondering what the templates are, check this here post: https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1047.msg18258.html#msg18258

Well you could just do a template from a finished flag, but that's only available for your personal use. I wonder if colors are saved in a template... I've never used the myself.

I wonder if one can share templates with others like you share ship designs? Would kinda solve the whole issue of the topic here.

If you're wondering what the templates are, check this here post: https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,1047.msg18258.html#msg18258

to my knowledge you can't share templates (but I'm a hermit and don't play MP so I'm probably very wrong) best bet would be the steam workshop.

Whoa, that's mightyfine detail :o !

Maybe it has been made at a huge scale (like most comic strips are drawn) and resized with the resize ship option :).

There is also an "Art" tag on the workshop. It may be a good place to publish templates in ship form.