Remove Shield Penetrating Torps Outside the Core

umd223

Suggestion

Ever since the Trinium zone, I've been getting 1-3 shotted by hostiles with Shield-Penetrating Torps- just, Right through the shields and Right through my ship. 2/3 of my hull gone in a single shot sometimes, and even after getting 10+ PDC's with full coverage- they didn't stop a single torp that took me down to 1/3 Hull- despite having 100% 1.3m shields.

I literally cannot progress when I have to repair my ship a Bajillion times..

I suggest that you give server owners an option to remove torps or at the very least, enable them an option to turn off Shield-Penetration bonuses to torpedoes Outside the Core, or even an option to completely remove the Shield-Penetration bonus to Torps in general.

Cause this is Ridiculous..

4 answers to this suggestion

I'm disappointed that weapon that is supposed to be protection from torpedoes, sometimes displays 0% of accuracy against those very things. I've already experienced situations where I was being fully stationary, three PDT's blazing at torp after trop straightlining for me, and not preventing even single hit, leaving me in utter disbelief.

Perhaps accuracy should be simulated behind the scenes based on distance and number of PDT's instead of relying on stars aligning in the physics engine?

I'm disappointed that weapon that is supposed to be protection from torpedoes, sometimes displays 0% of accuracy against those very things. I've already experienced situations where I was being fully stationary, three PDT's blazing at torp after trop straightlining for me, and not preventing even single hit, leaving me in utter disbelief.

Perhaps accuracy should be simulated behind the scenes based on distance and number of PDT's instead of relying on stars aligning in the physics engine?

Have the issue with pdc not hitting torps? You'll need more pdc then

Oh wait that doesnt work either, 16 (21,7 dps) pdc dont even stop a third of all headhunter torps or advanced pirate torps.

I agree that something has to be done to improve their accuracy, because they just dont hit. Shield pen is annoying indeed, but the curve some torps make and your pdc dont take into account is way worse than that.

Pls devs don't do that. I lost my fleet 6 ships due one single pirate attack. 2 x tops ships and 1 x some FLT blocker.

And that was something something new. Now I have to make a new better ships, collect staff to rebuild my fleet. Game in not a boring at all now, something new. It is fun that now you have to be careful, be ready to enemy's attack.

I have one question why aliens don't have torpedoes? They are still easy to kill. even with a weak ships.

I'm right now on naonite/trinum regions.

The game right now is forcing you into certain build to have a chance as in lategame the torpedoes seem to be balanced against players building 15-slot large battleships with million points of hull and shield doing 15k omicrons of damage. This is not what people seek in the game about building ships. There should be other paths to the goal present.