Expanding of functionality of collector blocks

BraveRaccoon

Suggestion

Now in the Avorion have entered torpedoes, which while you can only buy,

It would be nice to produce them directly on the ship, we even have an assembly block.

But, to give so much power to one block is not realistic, is not it?.

Maybe it's worth it to make the collector initially useless?.

And in order for the production of fighter and / or torpedo to appear, two systems should be introduced: the "fighter conveyor" and the "torpedo conveyor".

In which from rarity there will be all sorts of modifiers, for example, production speed buffs, reduced expenses and so on.

As my friend said: "Premises are at least now, but you still need to find or buy machines".

Also, such the system has many development opportunities: different "goods conveyers"; "disassembling conveyors", which dismantle the turrets back to the goods; even more so, the conveyers of turrets, "bolter conveyer" for example (But you need blueprint, goods, materials and waiting time of corse)

I think this will be a joyful addition to the game.

And I apologise for my language.

1 answer to this suggestion

I'd certainly like to see some way of making torpedoes added, preferably a factory and maybe using goods rather than just credits. I'm not sure about making it a part of your ship though, as torpedoes are designed around only having limited amounts. That said, at present you can just build huge torpedo storages and have essentially unlimited torpedoes (if you can afford it), so it might not be that bad. But so far in this game it seems that most manufacturing is meant to be done by stations.

Also, (it's not clear whether you are suggesting this in particular) I don't think that if we get a 'torpedo conveyor' or similar it should have to be connected to the producing and the consuming blocks. I personally like Avorion's current system where you just stick blocks in free space in your ship rather than positioning them relative to each other, as this is much more kind towards aesthetic ships, and in particular suits the process of building a hollow pretty hull and then making it functional rather than building a hull around the internals.

This seems like a nice idea for player-made stations (and being limited to only them like docking stations), but as for putting it on your ships this comes down to whether the game should encourage a nomadic lifestyle where you carry all your production facilities with you or whether it should encourage you to settle down in a sector. I prefer the latter as it encourages managing your relationships with nearby factions rather than wandering around the galaxy trashing anyone you meet  ;D.