[REQ]: Some sort of mod that can easily show other players on the Galaxy Map.

Kane Hart

So I know Alliance update will come as the next I assume major update in 4-8 weeks but my friends and I kind of want to play now. But we found a really nasty issue with Co-Op Play. That is being able to see your friends on the galaxy map let alone in the same system their really hard to notice and blend in with everyone else especially if you are in a neutral system.

What I like to have is 2 features or at least one first maybe 2nd one sometime in the future:

1) The ability to see everyone on the map. Does not need a permissions system or anything like that just to be able to show other players on the galaxy map maybe blinking pink or just yellow and that does not require a radar or anything like that.

2) when you are in a system maybe some how make friends more noticeable with a different color maybe even a special icon to give them some sort of easy access to find them and know who they are in a heartbeat.

This will make our co-op experience very enjoyable.

If you like also I will video feature the mod on my youtube channel and do a installation video as well.

Thank you so much this means a lot!

That would be quite cool. Would it be possible have the option to share resources on or off or some sort of pool (bank) to grab them from? The only reason I say this is some people like to share resources and others don't even in a coop style gameplay.

I like to share resources but at the sametime I have a mate who would use them all after I spent the last week mining it all ahha.

Hey

I am working on a sector overview mod that will show all the entities in the current sector and when you click on it it will target it.

There will be several tab by type (stations, enemies, players etc)

So you can find your friends easier in a way. This isn't the perfect solution you want but it may be a work around to find your friends in the same sector for the time being.

I can also dig in if we can at least have a list of friendly player and you can see their coordinate and might be easier to find them on the galaxy map.

I'll keep you posted on what I find

Hey

I am working on a sector overview mod that will show all the entities in the current sector and when you click on it it will target it.

There will be several tab by type (stations, enemies, players etc)

So you can find your friends easier in a way. This isn't the perfect solution you want but it may be a work around to find your friends in the same sector for the time being.

I can also dig in if we can at least have a list of friendly player and you can see their coordinate and might be easier to find them on the galaxy map.

I'll keep you posted on what I find

Thanks mate looking forward to it.