Alter or create new materiels for ship construction

Owner1098

I think the materials are added into the game engine through the C++ side of the engine, i.e. baked into the .EXE by the time the game arrives on our side. So no, we couldn't change the fundamental way Materials work, nor add new ones, nor add new Blocks for that matter. Sadly, this is how it is for now!

Thank you. I hope they eventually add in some way to do that because it could be very interesting to see what people would do with the ability to change how different materials affect gameplay. If someone were to change the properties of a material to favor themselves it would reasonably affect every enemy built with the same materials.

Oh, absolutely, and my modder mind runs wild with the crazy ideas I could try and mod into the game if I could add my own block types to Avorion. Cloaking fields for stealth ambush attacks (by enemies too!), EMP emitters, ship-to-ship connecting blocks for classic alienesque mothership designs with detachable "children craft", wormhole drives........ the ideas don't stop.

But I must quell them for they have no foothold here... ;D

Perhaps in the future!

• 2 months later...

I've got a Question in advance..

.. is it already possible to add new systems (upgrade modules), weapons and/or usable Items?

I've got a couple of ideas to improve the game, but sadly wasn't able to find LUA files to do so.

like= Ammunition, Resistanceplating (active and passive), active Shieldbooster, Energytransfer Arrays (like Vampires) etc. etc.

Hi Diablo,

.. is it already possible to add new systems (upgrade modules), weapons and/or usable Items?

I've got a couple of ideas to improve the game, but sadly wasn't able to find LUA files to do so.

take a look at the folder ~/.steam/SteamApps/common/Avorion/data/scripts/systems

• 2 weeks later...

i think what he was saying was to add a new lua file based off the current ones to change values in the game, like one that made your guns overheat slower by modifying whatever value controls overheating using variables. im not sure how the game would handle a new object in the systems folder tho