Can't seem to have multiple mods working at once.

Komb

Hello there,

I'm quite 'new' player, more like new to playing using mods.

So the problem i've encountered is that i've been looking up some mods to enchance my new gameplay but it seems that they overwrite each other lol. For instance i've chosen 6 or 7 mods but some of them just rewrite the files and they stop working leaving only the latest written mods active. Any way to avoid this? What am I doing wrong?

Sorry if this is a wrong thread  :o

What mods are you trying to install? Can you please list them

Sadly there is no modloading support built into Avorion yet. So sometimes mods have to be made compatible

Morning'

So i've tried "Bigger Better" all mods (asteroids,stations etc.),  Turret Editor and more commands. Can't get all Bigger Better mods to work, only bigger merchants, bigger asteroids and bigger stations work at once and more commands with /tmod editor.

Morning'

So i've tried "Bigger Better" all mods (asteroids,stations etc.),  Turret Editor and more commands. Can't get all Bigger Better mods to work, only bigger merchants, bigger asteroids and bigger stations work at once and more commands with /tmod editor.

The Author of the Bigger-is-Better mods (Fenrir) stopped updating them. From his signature:

I stopped modding until Avorion stops destroying any mod with every update...

Turret Editor (by darkconsole) developement is also halted. But on page 8 is a version that claims to be working with the beta (0.20.2/3)

"more commands". I think you are talking about Avorion Commands Package? Well on the first post Aki says:

This mod is currently outdated, please use it with caution.

On the last page is an update from August last year by Anexgohan, which seems to be the newest. But I can't guarantee compatibility with 0.19 mainline or even beta-0.20

There is a (partial?) List of mods reported working with 0.19 and 0.20 here:

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,4961.0.html

And if mods overwrite each others files careful merging is required. Which means you one has to look at the changes every mod does to the vanilla file and integrate all of them into it.

Morning'

The Author of the Bigger-is-Better mods (Fenrir) stopped updating them. From his signature:

I stopped modding until Avorion stops destroying any mod with every update...

Turret Editor (by darkconsole) developement is also halted. But on page 8 is a version that claims to be working with the beta (0.20.2/3)

"more commands". I think you are talking about Avorion Commands Package? Well on the first post Aki says:

This mod is currently outdated, please use it with caution.

On the last page is an update from August last year by Anexgohan, which seems to be the newest. But I can't guarantee compatibility with 0.19 mainline or even beta-0.20

And if mods overwrite each others files careful merging is required. Which means you one has to look at the changes every mod does to the vanilla file and integrate all of them into it.

Ahh, so i get it now. "Mod" itself is just customized vanilla file and if different mods use the same file they will replace each other if i just try to put those files in.

As you've said before theres is no mod manager like nexus for skyrim, yes?

Ahh, so i get it now. "Mod" itself is just customized vanilla file and if different mods use the same file they will replace each other if i just try to put those files in.

No proper modmanager yet. Steam workshop is planned tho

No proper modmanager yet. Steam workshop is planned tho

Thanks alot man! Best of luck

partial
Oof, low blow...! But correct. ;D

There are so many mods to test ... so little time. I update the list based on what people report as working, and on what seems to be popular at the time -- I would love to take some time to do some thorough testing myself, but ... there's *so many mods*......! A lot of work to do on your own.

----

And yes, correct, Komb. You got it. A tip: if you mod your game, keep a copy of the game files you end up with before updating to a new Avorion version, because otherwise you will lose your modded files. And if you have multiple files installed that all mod the same file, you'll break multiple mods at once and have to retrieve which ones they were manually, or reinstall the whole lot. From experience, I can tell you that is quite a time-consuming and frustrating passtime, so don't go down that path. x)

A lot of mods currently adhere to a certain "standard" where they modify vanilla files as little as possible (that is, if they are not override mods that replace current vanilla behaviour with something else) and ask you to create an Avorion/mods/ folder. The only thing they usually change in vanilla files is adding one line of code to make sure the new folder gets recognised as a directory to look for scripts in. This method has my personal preference, because it doesn't cause game updates to overwrite the entire mod, and it's easy to replace the load-in line if it does ever accidentally get replaced.

Modding in Avorion currently, like the game itself, is still in an early alpha stage... ^^"

Have fun! Mod away, and play some güd ol' games!