Loading while warping offers no protection

Worm

As title explains.

In most cases the game lags out (for an unknown reason) before warping into a next sector, which causes player to lose their ship (likely due to pirates/aliens) way before they close their loading screen. It's very frustrating as there's no way of escaping/defending yourself in those scenarios.

Perhaps something like warp protection till player closes their loading screen would solve this problem.

Since this thread is similar to the one I posted (here) I figured I should add my feedback just to help either of these topics get resolved.

A friend of mine encountered a similar issue, but without the lag. Ship destroyed on warp. I think the lag may or may not be related. For us, he was connected to my own server, and I was running a dedicated server (on my own computer, even though that's not the point of a dedicated server).

Also, if you haven't already, you can go to the options and disable the need to press spacebar to skip the loading screen. That could give you a few more milliseconds to act in case something is attacking you as you load in.

Regardless of whatever bugs are involved, I agree that warp protection would be a good thing to have.