Alternatives to cargo shuttles?

PacothePig

i realize this will sound like a bug report at first but id like to see what alternatives there are, even if its mods

having a problem where on my personal server if i try to setup a sector to have multiple stations that produce what the next station needs, if i start having too many cargo shuttles flying around, some end up glitching out and flying in circles, with the console showing things like "error1: 0, error2: 1" which looking through the game code is an error regarding the flight instructions of cargo shuttles

while it is possible to simply create extra utility ships that act as simple transport ships, paying 15k/3h to captain each small ship seems like a bit much to try and program each ship to handle shipments when the ships are going to be rather small in nature and the game itself doesnt come with an easy way to do instruction loops, even on the map window

any other ideas?

Yes, your station can dock to other stations like a ship could.

The station needs a captain, transporter upgrade, transporter block, trading system.

Other station must be in docking distance. To achieve this, you can either add more transporter upgrades (very expensive), or extend your station in build mode so that it's closer to other stations (narrow stone stick is enough and it's cheap, just don't ram into your station later or it will be too far again).

Then you can order the station to buy/sell on loop from the galaxy map.

Also you can make one ship to supply materials to and sell goods from several factories, it will be a long order chain but one ship is enough. You have to take into account how fast the factories produce and consume goods if you want to handle more than one factory shis way.

• 1 month later...