Setting Up an AI miner

ThePhariser

You will need to hire a captain for your ship if you haven't already. Once you have a captain in the ship you can order it to mine.

Yup yup! So you can either get a captain for your ship, leave the ship into the drone, click on your ship, then order it to mine. Or you can go into drone and discover a new ship. Outfit it for mining(engis/mechanics/miners), put a captain in it and send that to mine while you guard it with your original ship. In my game I have three small ships with the bare min crew requirement to mine and I just send them out while I watch for pirates. Just make sure you have a decent amount of credits, because the salaries can add up.

I use a shipyard to produce a very cheap ship and you can make it hire a captain on the ship for you also. I then slap some miners on it, hire a few more workers, then I'm done! I usually rush this every single time I start out cause I personally love automating stuff xD

Yeah, I didnt manage to get to the order part because it wasnt moving down.

Thanks for the info. Also, do I need to move it to an asteroid field? Or it will automaticaly start moving around the sector?

It will be automatic. Give it time! It will do its job just not as fast as you would!

Yeah be careful hiring too many captains, the salary really adds up. i did this last night to get some ships mining while i built a new ship, and i ended up oweing like 50k to my crew, but i used all my resources and money building the new ship (which i didnt finish but was instead attacked by pirates, so i cant finish editing it/dismantling it until its repaired, which i no longer have the resources to do.)

Tl;dr salaries add up, don't get in over your head.