Server Isn't Saving Player Data (Solved)

WalMartSkills

After I startup to game, create a new galaxy, mess around a bit and then close the galaxy, then close the game out. When I log back onto the galaxy, it's loading me in as a new player starting from the very beginning inside the small scout ship. My current ship is there floating around but I can't jump back into it as it is acting like it's another players ship. This problem only occurs when I completely close the game down, If I were to log out of the galaxy, then back in, I'm okay and put back into my ship, but it's once I close the game down that it treats me like a new player.

Some other information to consider is that the game does save my ship saves, and all the ships that I've had to make to try and troubleshoot this problem, so as you can imagine there are a bunch of neutral ships floating around the spawn area that I've made that have my name on them, but are considered other players ships.

I'm wondering if there is something happening once I close the game out completely that is making the game not recognize me as the player who owns them. Could be something wrong with the save files or that they aren't being put into the correct area...

I've been troubleshooting for 2 days now without any luck so I'm hoping one of you outstanding gentleman or woman could push me in the right direction, any help would be great!

Thanks,

Oh sorry fellas hehe I just reinstalled the game and it worked after that, not much more I can say on the matter, I may have done something wrong when installing or done something I shouldn't have I'm not really sure I'm not that smart when it comes to coding and game files and such.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

has this issue been fixed because i've come across this problem and its causing me no end of pain.

I got a Server from GTXgaming(always been good to me) and i've now come across this issue.

Server crashed and now everytime i log into my server i start a new character.

please let me know how you fixed it or tell what i should send to that E-mail address?

Thanks

Armada

I also have this problem, but I'm the one who deliberately caused it.

I wanted to delete a character - so I deleted the players index file from the server. The player had no ships at the time I did this, just the little mining drone.

I stopped the server first, deleted the index file, and started the server.  The player is "new"  as expected, a new index is built. When the player disconnects and reconnects, it does not load up the index that was previously made. Instead, it creates a new index again. in other words, it does no longer save the progress of the player.

Is this being fixed in the new patch, or is there something I've missed here?

Cheers.

I haven't been able to access my save with 90 hours played since last week, and read in another thread that updating to beta branch might make my world accessible again.

It did, but I loaded into my previously inaccessible galaxy as a new player in a mining drone.

Weird part is that I loaded into my creative galaxy just fine (loaded into it before updating to beta fine too). Or rather, every time I load (before & after beta update) into that creative galaxy, I'm always in the same ship, even though I leave that galaxy in different ships every time.