[Mods] Gambling, Dock Building, Pirate Warlord, Spawn Changer & more

Theoman02

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I  hope the developer of this mod will return but haven't heard from him since he last updated this post,

you could try merging both files to see where that takes you.

I don't know if notepad++ has such feature.. Im currently just using the compare plugin for both files

I  hope the developer of this mod will return but haven't heard from him since he last updated this post,

you could try merging both files to see where that takes you.

I don't know if notepad++ has such feature.. Im currently just using the compare plugin for both files

It probably exists but I wouldn't trust such a feature, you'd always be better off comparing and making the changes yourself so you know what is changed :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It looks like the extra dock building no longer works, the UI still shows them but nothing happens when you click to transform it into a station.

I succesfully merged it into 12.1 beta. But don't have it as standalone mod, it only exist in a modpack for a server yet . If the creator of this mod is gone i could rerelease it... but not really sure how to do this without stealing his project.

I also managed warlord to work fine.

It looks like the extra dock building no longer works, the UI still shows them but nothing happens when you click to transform it into a station.

I succesfully merged it into 12.1 beta. But don't have it as standalone mod, it only exist in a modpack for a server yet . If the creator of this mod is gone i could rerelease it... but not really sure how to do this without stealing his project.

I also managed warlord to work fine.

I tried to merge it too, were you able to actually transform a station into one of the added ones?

The maker of the mods hasn't been on the forums in a while so you could post the edited files below, for the dock builder it only affects one file but the warlord one is multiple if I recall correctly.

I tried to merge it too, were you able to actually transform a station into one of the added ones?

The maker of the mods hasn't been on the forums in a while so you could post the edited files below, for the dock builder it only affects one file but the warlord one is multiple if I recall correctly.

Yes it works, i can build the added station. While merging, you need to add the namespace to the new functions in merged files, if you dont do this, the server can't find the new functions (I think that was your problem).

I will merge it again and release it when I get some time for.

I created dockbuilding as standalone mod.

I also added shipyards. That means you can build your own shipyards now.

Fighter update

Version h1.3

Requires Avorion 0.14

For Avorion 0.13 please use mod version 1.2

• Added easily editable options at the top of the file (set prices or deactivate factories)
  • Added Fighter Factory and Resource Trader
  • Sorted found factory list alphabetical (except found special factories and found mine list)

dockbuilding-h1.2.zip

dockbuilding-h1.3.zip

• 1 month later...

I created dockbuilding as standalone mod.

I also added shipyards. That means you can build your own shipyards now.

Bugfixes:

• Fixed an issue that caused an error when trying to found a special factory with an alli ship. This will work now.
  • Changed alert that the ship needs to have 500k volume to 200k, because these stations can be founded with 200k volume or more.

Download this mod in reply #58 in this topic.

Bugfixes:

• Fixed an issue that caused an error when trying to found a special factory with an alli ship. This will work now.
  • Changed alert that the ship needs to have 500k volume to 200k, because these stations can be founded with 200k volume or more.

Download this mod in reply #58 in this topic.

This one did not do it, sorry. Version 1.2 should work fine. If you find any issue just let me know (reply #58).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This mod has really caught my attention!  Mostly because of the Fighter Factory, but the rest looks AMAZING too. I really like the idea of seeing new stations like the Resource Trader, Alliance HQ, Gambling Stations you can gamble at etc. as additions to Avorion.

The other thing that caught my attention was the Pirate Warlord.  It is the addition of Quest Mods which has been upon the lips of my admins this past week.  Additions of such quests would continue to breath fresh life into the game and extend the life of each Galaxy.  We are finding that knowledgeable players can quickly rush through all of the initial content, so we have been looking for ways to add additional content.

Thank you for all of the work you have put into this!

For the Dock Building part of this set of mods, there's now this.

I agree wholeheartedly on the story-mod point you make. I'd love to get into some story modding at some point, myself. Putting your own stories in the framework of an already existing universe has something intensely satisfying, especially if other people can get to experience your stories, too. It's part why I loved Spore: Galactic Adventures so fracking much.

For the Dock Building part of this set of mods, there's now this.

I agree wholeheartedly on the story-mod point you make. I'd love to get into some story modding at some point, myself. Putting your own stories in the framework of an already existing universe has something intensely satisfying, especially if other people can get to experience your stories, too. It's part why I loved Spore: Galactic Adventures so fracking much.

Thanks for this, I really should have posted it myself right away but it slipped my mind.

Hey, I see a new forum about a topic I'm hyper excited about, I get active baby. ;)

So far I'm having a good time here - it'd be fun to see a little more bustle around here, but laid back once-a-day posting runs is fun, too, tickling a different fancy.

Thank you for creating an updated version of the mod!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm more impartial to the Pirate Warlord mod. But with so many changes to the API since then, nothing here works, or has since been made redundant by the vanilla game. Tried reverse-engineering the Warlord quest trigger in the old Military Outpost .lua to insert it into the list given by the new Military Outpost's .lua, but only wound up preventing the station from spawning at all instead.  ::)

I shall await the day that these mods are picked up again.

I'm more impartial to the Pirate Warlord mod. But with so many changes to the API since then, nothing here works, or has since been made redundant by the vanilla game. Tried reverse-engineering the Warlord quest trigger in the old Military Outpost .lua to insert it into the list given by the new Military Outpost's .lua, but only wound up preventing the station from spawning at all instead.  ::)

I shall await the day that these mods are picked up again.

We are running the warlord mod on our server. It works fine, ofc its changed to be compatible to current Avorion version. I may publish our version of the mod when I find some time for. But do not wait for it, there are lot of other things to do for me that are more important...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, nice mods !

but new version doesn´t support the Pirate Boss mod :( Fix Version won´t work. we see the quest on the station, but can´t activate or klick on the station... pls help me :D

testet on german and english, new version 15.7- r10230

• 1 month later...