Guns Eventually Stop Working

Infinitynull

Here's what's happening. I like these turrets I really do but they eventually start to lag the game. Not FPS wise but I am assuming internal networking wise as this is in single player. The AI enemies start to flicker back and worth not at a fast rate but of an interval of five seconds they will shake to to one degree then go back into place.

Also the guns will stop registering damage at all. Once the "LAG" starts the guns stop doing damage. Completely and indefinitely and the "LAG" stops. They stop to shake but the guns won't do damage. Easy solution, I leave the game and start it back up. Then the guns start to do damage once again. Until I break it once again. It takes another ten minutes of pew pew to break it again. Like I said it's not FPS lag as my machine is more than capable of running this game.

My ship is more than fit for the weapons, and my energy requirement isn't a problem so it's not my ship. But here are the weapons.

The AI ships are just regular pirates that warp into the system.

Rare - Double Chaingun Turret <Damage: 1.8, Fire-rate: 39.4> x 1 
Uncommon - Double Chaingun Turret <Damage: 5.2, Fire-rate: 3.1> x 4

I had a friend of mine with the same issue, but not from firerate. It was some Xanion cannons he built at a factory that did well over 2k if I recall, it was at a turret factory with +damage on them, overheating variant of cannons I think.

He would get hits on target, I would see the projectiles hit the enemy ( low level, iron ) and it would deal no damage. At other times the cannons wouldn't even render a projectile to me but he was claiming his shots were landing and dealing no damage.

I've also noticed that sometimes the green targeting circle is only ever so slightly off while salvaging ( green while out of range ) at least until you target it, then it seems to snap to and actually hit the debris.

• 5 weeks later...

It happens to me with High Fire RoF weapons or...

...Barrages from multiple guns (Particularly apparent with ships armed with multiple cannon or railgun turrets). Seems to me it's linked to the number of projectiles that arrive in a short period to the target, not to how many a given turrent can spill.

It may be related to something that happens commonly with wrecks if you use autonomous salvaging turrets... Serverside the wrecks get destroyed but clientside you see turrets shooting to empty space, the damage numbers appearing in another random empty space, while the intended target floats somewhere in between...

...Put in other words, the possition of the target, clientside, is not the same as serverside.

I've had this happen with various weapon loadouts. Even after selecting only weaps with a low rate of fire.

It occurs even after reloading a save in a new game. Makes things damned unplayable.

Hoping that this bug can get the attention it so urgently requires.

I have something similar to this when using the railguns I got from a turret factory. They're 2534 damage with a (burst) fire rate of 12. I have 20 of them installed and they fire in a very tight group. There have been many times where I was within 1km of an enemy to make darn sure I'd hit it, then blasted it with the full volley and it did no damage whatsoever, when by all rights I should have killed the ship so hard that the universe itself was ripped a new butthole. I can see the visual feedback of the rails hitting the shields, but there's no damage that occurs. Then on the second shot, it gets blown to kingdom come.

It's almost as though the railguns do so much damage that something bugs out and the enemy ship doesn't realize it's dead yet. One other clue is that I believe this ONLY happens on ships that have shields. I have not seen it happen with an unshielded ship yet, those explode like all good little xsotan should. If I do see it happen on an unshielded ship, though, I'll note it in this thread.