Server crash + disappearing ship

VisonKai

So, I haven't found a way to reproduce this, but I figured I'd report it anyway. I received a "could not connect to server" while attempting to warp to another sector, the serverlog is attached. After trying multiple times to reload the game, I closed it. I noticed that AvorionServer.exe was still running in the background (and was preventing Steam from relaunching the game), so I force-closed it. At that point I relaunched the game and I was able to load back in, but whenever I did so my ship had completely disappeared without a trace and I was in a random sector that was NOT my home sector.

serverlog_Thu_Jan_26_20-52-46_2017.txt

Same problem, the game was working fine for many hours, but when i went on the exodus trail with my naonite ship(sooo many jumps btw) the same issue as you happens, the first time it happened i read that you can find your ship again and claim it at the sector the crash occurred, if you can't remember what sector it was then go to the sector folder;

\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\(name of galaxy)\sectors

And then list it by date created, locate the last sector before crash.

But the crash happened more and more often as i continued the path of the exodus, now i can't get to my ship before crashing(3min). So am giving up until this has been resolved.

Things of note; The crash happens at arrival of the sector, but you don't realize it straight away, around maybe 1min the client will notice the server has crashed, you will notice it sooner if you try to jump to another sector.

I believe the crash might be tied to an event handler, as i recall, upon returning to claim a ship, there has been pirates or something waiting that was not there before.

Am not an expert on this matter, but i cannot find any crash logs, nor does the server log get created for the sessions that crashes, this is something i think the devs should look into for reasons of troubleshooting and bug reporting.   

I'm experiencing the issue as well on singleplayer. It seems to occur when I warp to another sector and the server/client stops responding. This is rare but I've had occasions where the client will stop responding if I perform a jump twice (Press space twice). I'm not sure if that's related to the issue. I've also had the bug occur if I leave the galaxy and try to go back in, and the server stops responding. Usually the game loads up in 30 seconds but after 6 minutes goes by what choice do you have?

Is there a way to enable live debugging saved to a log?

I found the logs. They're a little shallow on details. Does anyone else run at max settings?

Any way to get deeper details out of the logs? It just ended right there. When I logged back in my ship was gone. The log never mentions ships at all so they're kind of useless on the details, and the server/client never mentions saves or checkpoints in the logs.

Thu Jan 26 10:58:27 2017| <> Jump route calculated.

Thu Jan 26 10:58:31 2017| GL DBG: MEDIUM PERFORMANCE API 131186: Buffer performance warning: Buffer object 45 (bound to NONE, usage hint is GL_DYNAMIC_DRAW) is being copied/moved from VIDEO memory to HOST memory.

Thu Jan 26 10:58:31 2017| GL DBG: MEDIUM PERFORMANCE API 131186: Buffer performance warning: Buffer object 43 (bound to NONE, usage hint is GL_DYNAMIC_DRAW) is being copied/moved from VIDEO memory to HOST memory.

Thu Jan 26 10:58:50 2017| <> The Nav-Computer is calculating the jump route. Please stand by.

Thu Jan 26 10:58:59 2017|

Also been running into an issue often where jump routes stop calculating, maybe run a check on them to make sure they're reset after entering a new zone, or add a temporary option to reset the jump computer? Offtopic, that's a separate issue. I'll make a separate post when I get to it.

server crashes are one thing. The vanishing ships is just because the saving out of sync since the last saves and so their ships are there but might be 3-4 systems ahead or behind or something fun :) if they followed the same paths they should find them and no it will not show up in their assets till the jump back into it.

Ok, it just happened two more times in very quick succession. I'm thinking it has to do with jumping too far in too quick of a succession, every time this has happened to me it's been after chaining 4 or 5 hyperspace jumps.

Edit: Alright, I think I might have stumbled onto something. In the logs, it starts the alien attack event right before each of the three crashes. Not sure what the correlation is, I'm wondering if the server can't call the event for some reason and the server program hangs because of that? Would also explain why it becomes incapable of shutting down when the main game is closed.

Is there a way to know what path to take? This happens while i was exploring, and i don't remember where i was exactly. Since i'm in drone now, and my ship had a 15 sector jump range it's almost a gameover here, i won't be able to find where is supposed to be the ship if i don't know the coordonates.

PS: I'll add, i can't even get out from the sectors i am stuck in. As my range as droped to 2, i need a lot of jumps to go back somewhere out of pirates space and multipliing jumps end in a crash. So basicaly, even if i try to find my ship again i can't. The game is totally screwed on this server for me. Friends have the same issues and start to stop the game cause losing their assets again and again is really a big issue. Having crash, ok this happens, i can understand. But how is it possible to loose it's assets like this? To loose the ship you are flying? There are issues with unsynchronized save games here that are cripling the whole thing and will make issues in the futur even if the crashes are solved.

This is also still happening after the jan 28th update. I downloaded the game on jan 30th, played for 5-6 hours before getting a server crash error (playing single player). I eventually worked out to restart the game I had to force stop the server process. However, after that point I have had disconnects every 5 - 25 mins. It gives no error message, but will stop doing damage to asteroids I am mining, pirates will stop attacking me, and I will be unable to jump. This has also caused my ship to disappear (I assume it is at the end of the series of 6 jump gates I was following, but I have not been able to get there in the time before disconnecting as the drone is so slow.)