[EU|US|AUS] Rusty's Universe Modded Servers [AUS&US Fresh Start August 10]

Devious

Due to the unstable authentication process I have turned it off again,

this causes the server overview to show as if the server is empty.

Therefore it's best to directly connect to the IP, once authentication becomes more stable we will add it back.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have updated the server and main forum post, most bugs have been fixed and there have been a few new additions:

- Updated Out of Sector Production mod, this fixes stations not updating when there is a Turret Factory near. Players are now also reminded when they don't have this mod installed.

- Permit module for transportation of dangerous goods, purchasable at Trading Post at a hefty cost of 250 million.

We would love to make this cheaper but for a limited time, but due to the possible profits obtainable it is expensive.

- fix for relationchanges.lua spam

- Factions  are a little harder to befriend, most stations will be equipped with turrets to defend themselves.

- You will now start to find custom factions throughout the galaxy, for now they are from an old game called Starflight but we will be adding more.

- Added a /crew command on trial that allows you to hire labour crew at a pricey rate, this does not apply to senior officers so you will still have to find those.

- Range of miningsystem module increased so they become actually useful

- Attempt to fix Xsotan and Adventurer spawns

- Fix for transfer of crew and goods, cargo list increased to 50 slots

- Hopefully removed claimable Xostan breeders untill gamedevs nerf it themselves

- Improved permission overview

- Fixed stash spawn and increased interaction range to 0.5 km.

- Increased scale of factory prices

Download link for latest modpack v2.3:

https://we.tl/YisLoIrQgC

I definitely recommend this server if you're looking for somewhere to play online. I'm a SP type of guy normally but occasionally play online if I find somewhere I feel comfortable and with a good community, and Rusty's definitely has that. The mods are useful, other players are generally very friendly, and it's been a lot of fun so far!

The last version of the modpack caused some issues so I had to make version 2.4.1.

Here are the changes with this version:

- Turned Steam authentication off due to lame VAC fail

- Fixed interaction with claimable mines

- Changed crew/goods transfer mod to NexGenUI

- Fix for reputation bug with pirates/Xsotan

- Updated Cargo Permit

- Increased docking range to 0.5km

Here is the download link for version 2.4.1:

https://we.tl/NNRNcgJWfL

We traced back some of the heavy lag that occurs with a lot of players online being caused by large groups of fighter pilots. When the server is almost full please do not use more than 3 groups of fighters. I will do some tests and hopefully we can allow more soon! If you come across a sector with swarms of fighters, you have my permission to destroy them as long as you notice me of it.

We are moving to a better host today so hopefully this will gain us more stability,

in the mean time I have fixed the interaction with mines if that wasn't working for you and set up a website.

Here are the full changes:

- {v2.4.7} Fix for interaction with abandoned mines

- Your ship and everything you build in that sector will be protected from log off outside the center barrier

- Custom Insurance message added which shows location and cause of destruction

Download link for latest modpack v2.4.7:

https://we.tl/lG4Ui39aTG

The server is moved to a better host, the tests so far seemed pretty promising.

Fortunately, we didn't have to wipe so everyone who didn't get to endgame yet still has a chance.

Although a few players requested a wipe we have decided to delay that till the next balancing patches if no further problems arise.4

Use the new IP for connecting to the server: 213.202.233.151

I get a segfault with modpack 2.4.7; someone (Ryugi Kazamaru) in the discord told me to "Install Modpack 2.3.1, then 2.4.1, then 2.4.7 after deleting the Avorion folder from your Steamapps\Common directory," I could not find the previous version to try that.

I also get an error with the "spemincolony" sector. the following error shows up a bit before the segfault

"Init loading screen...could not execute function 'initialize' in '""':data/scripts/sectorspecifics.lua:29: module 'sectors/spemincolony' not found:"

Update: doing the aforementioned thing (i.e., installing 2.3.1 > 2.4.1 > 2.4.7) gets rid of the segmentation fault and the game loads. However, there is still a problem with the gate icons; i dont get neither the "compass-like" icons nor the gate directions. This was what compelled me to reinstall and get into this whole problem in the first step.

Hi, your server is one of the best. When I'm playing in the morning, everything is OK and my ping is cca 40 ms. But when I'm playing in the evening, my ping is moving between 80 and 300 ms and the game is quite unplayable, because all UI ships are lagging. I am from Czech Republic and have good internet connection (real stats are 90 Mbit/s IN, 50 Mbit/s OUT, 37 ms ping). Has anybody similar problem? Thank for response.

I get a segfault with modpack 2.4.7; someone (Ryugi Kazamaru) in the discord told me to "Install Modpack 2.3.1, then 2.4.1, then 2.4.7 after deleting the Avorion folder from your Steamapps\Common directory," I could not find the previous version to try that.

I also get an error with the "spemincolony" sector. the following error shows up a bit before the segfault

"Init loading screen...could not execute function 'initialize' in '""':data/scripts/sectorspecifics.lua:29: module 'sectors/spemincolony' not found:"

Update: doing the aforementioned thing (i.e., installing 2.3.1 > 2.4.1 > 2.4.7) gets rid of the segmentation fault and the game loads. However, there is still a problem with the gate icons; i dont get neither the "compass-like" icons nor the gate directions. This was what compelled me to reinstall and get into this whole problem in the first step.

I must've messed up somewhere with compiling the modpacks. I went through all the files again and I think I have fixed all errors now. I removed everything in my data folder, verified the game and then installed the modpack. IF you had issues with one of the previous modpacks I suggest you do the same.

Download the latest modpack (v2.5) here:https://we.tl/0Ixy7G1mnV

Changes for this modpack:

- Attempt to fix errors relating to custom factions

- Fixed gates not showing with modpacks after 2.3

- Fix for "Guard Position" for ship AI, related to craftorders.lua error

- Updated the mods to move asteroids so that should be working again

- Attempt to tweak faction battles

- Fixed resources not respawning everywhere, will only affect new sectors

- Updated Crew Workforce Modules for better balance between mechanics and engineers

- Updated Safe Logout mod, this should now protect all player entities outside the core when the player is offline.

Hi, your server is one of the best. When I'm playing in the morning, everything is OK and my ping is cca 40 ms. But when I'm playing in the evening, my ping is moving between 80 and 300 ms and the game is quite unplayable, because all UI ships are lagging. I am from Czech Republic and have good internet connection (real stats are 90 Mbit/s IN, 50 Mbit/s OUT, 37 ms ping). Has anybody similar problem? Thank for response.

Thank you for your message, I indeed noticed something similar. This wasn't really the case before so I have contacted our new host in the hope they can resolve it. If that is not the case we will move the server to another host and a better machine again.

Still not very happy with the current server we have so we will be upgrading again.

In the meantime I am trying to minimize the lag at peak hours.

The first step towards this was increasing the time for events to occur.

I have also removed NPC fighter carriers to hopefully improve the performance during faction battles,

once Koonschi has time to rework them they will come back.

After today's update we are probably going to wipe the server again for a fresh start if the current game breaking bugs have been fixed.

Edit: Server has been wiped so hopefully we can have a wipe without the previous game breaking bugs! Performance is smooth again which aids my suspicion of the lag issues being due to the massive amount of 40k sectors explored.

Due to a typo in one of the scripts, starting players didn't receive their turrets or starting package yesterday.

Refunding them is a pain but I can wipe your player data so you receive it again easily.

Contact me on discord if you would like that!

I see that I forgot to update the forums last week so here is a big update, note that this was spread over two updates so I've kept them seperate.

Changes in 3.0:

- Next to Coal and Oil mines you can now make a Diamond factory and Bio Gas Fermenter factory

- Changed respawning of resources to random regenerative asteroid fields (All online players are alerted when       

a player finds one)

- Switched Trading Permit for Infinion Irregular Goods, you will find a new station selling the permits

- Event balancer has been added, this should simulate space being vast and also stop pirates from being 

dumber than a Ferengi without lobes

- Disabled NPC Fighters, hopefully this will increase performance at peak hours

- Buffed volume and turrets of Defender ships that now spawn instead of Carrier ships

- You can now give your ship orders to haul goods between your stations

- Added CargoUI for better management of goods

- Trading Overview temporarily removed due to incompatability

- Possible fix for Trading Systems showing 0 stock

- Pirate Warlord added as test for mini-boss, you can find the mission randomly at a Military Outpost

- "/price" Command added that will show the value of your ship

- Pirate The Galaxy mod added which allows you to be a real pirate by hijacking ships and demanding ransom

Changes in 3.2:

- Disabled hijacking of ships till further development/balancing

- Spawnrate of Infinion stations nerfed to 5% (You'll find one for sure in the home sector of a faction)

- Updated Trading Permit mod, it should actually work now

- Added Sector Overview and custom Xsotan modules back

- Infinion MTS/CTS modules added which are rare drops from certain kind of ships

- Attempt to balance Event spawns, you should notice them a little more often now

- Added fix for textures of gates not loading correctly in German

- Fix for the range and scaling of turrets at Turret Factories is back

- Fixed and re-arranged the ships order UI

Download the latest modpack v3.2 here:https://we.tl/I0HD1kwWpb

Here are some of the changes I had in mind for this week, unfortunately not all but I luckily managed to recover some of them after I let FTP eat up my server files that I forgot to backup before uploading (lesson learned):

- Updated Event Balancer and Regenerating Asteroid Fields for the latest patch

- Fixed crew and disttocore commands

- Since the custom factions aren't working out yet, donators can now request for your personal sector to have

regenerating asteroids, it only works on roids that haven't been mined yet

- (/findstation "station name") added with a cooldown of 10 minutes, donators have acces to the user interface

through "/findstationui" <Untill balanced only accesible for donators and testers

- Potential fix added for Trading Posts showing 0 stock, this might affect the trading system so please let me

know if you notice something odd

- Crew at stations now has the vanilla fix for more crew near the core, please let me know how this works out

- Convenient crew transfer updated, should work now. Tranferring fighters might still be an issue

- Sethome command removed due to incompatability, you now have to use a repair dock to set a new home

- Removed printing of player's coordinates to player console by OOSP mod

Download the latest modpack v3.3 here:https://we.tl/4Gg2PVnEkK

A small update but full of quality of life stuff  ;D

First of all big thanks to our new admin and developer Dirtyredz for fixing the automatic reboot of the server, I am forever grateful and so is my sleep. Berkys, TigusVidiks and Javali also joined the team as moderators for the community.

Today I have been looking at the volume and firepower of all the NPC's found in the game, it might be a bit much for now so please let me know if you notice any substantial increase in lag.

Here are the changes:

- The volumes of all NPC ships, stations, pirates and Xsotan have been buffed 3-5x, only affects newly generated entities

- Xsotan now have a bad reputation with players, don't see why that needed to be neutral

- The AI just got a serious buff in firepower and range, he should be more challenging now

- Mad Scientist Boss also got an overhaul, he should have considerably more volume and firepower

- "The 4" Bosses are no longer to be messed with, not advised to attack them on your own

- Swoks wasn't left out either, he should be a nice challenge early on

- Pirates should be no longer seen as civil ships

We will also be upgrading the server again this week, which we want to celebrate with an event for everyone. The official announcement will come tomorrow, but one hint I can give already is: Who's ready for some elimination deathmatch?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a little busy last week so I forgot to update the forum but the server has been moved succesfully to the new IP. You'll find the IP in the main post. I noticed that the server description on this page is a little outdated, so I'll be reworking that in the coming weeks.

Also updated the server again, next to the increased volumes we also looked at increasing the damage on NPC's this time.

v3.4 changes:

- Trading NPC ships now buy and sell an increased amount of goods

- Slightly increased the amount of passing NPC ships

- NPC ship volumes have been rebalanced and Omicron has been increased towards the center

- Updated Xsotan modules to fix a bug and slight balancing

- Crew modules are changed to one module, old ones should still work

- Slightly increased droprates to accomodate the larger volume of blocks

- Complex factory mod added which allows you to build multi-factories, see this link for a tutorial http://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,3270.0.html

- You can now give permissions for players to give or take cargo/crew through the permissions UI, should make trading easier

- the findstation command has been tested and configured, everyone can use it now to look in their discovered sectors every 10 minutes

- Noticed increased server load when multiple ships in multiple sectors haul goods, this is moved over to the donator perks, use /haulgoods start|stop while targetting the haulship

- Fixed bug with localisation of gates again

- Fixed disttocore on client

- Attempt at buffing the items in equipment docks after recent patch

- Further changes to the event balancer, as with any update please let me know if you notice something odd

v3.4.1 changes:

- Bugfix for Compl3x mod

- Reduced shield on "TheFour" bosses

Download the latest modpack v3.4.1 here: https://we.tl/Qz3NSQz85k

Hey Devious, what sort of server is required for smooth play with reasonable numbers of players (10-20) currently having issues with trying to find hardware powerful enough to run the game with some people :D

Hey Devious, what sort of server is required for smooth play with reasonable numbers of players (10-20) currently having issues with trying to find hardware powerful enough to run the game with some people :D

It depends on the situation and rather requires a good combination of parts.

The game uses multithreading but due to the poor optimisations it also requires a high singlethreaded performance. Therefore you're better of with a newer gen i7 than an older Xeon with more cores but lower frequency for now. The game also writes and reads very often to the HD, so you'll want the fastest SSDs you can get, preferably with the new NVMe tech rather than with SATA connections. Memory is not much an issue, as long as you have enough. 16GB is fine for 20 players as long as you don't want to install too many mods.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I really like what you are doing! :)

All the mods and the updates for the server is really great and me with 3 of my friends are thinking about giving up our own dedicated server and move to yours.

But one of us raised the concern that what if you decide to shut it all down and we (and all other ppl you have playing on your server) will loose all their content/farmed resources/most loved ships...

Given the game is very new, still in EA... it can be hard to predict the future... but we with my friends still have very high hopes for it and we hope that many will join Avorion in time. :)

So my question is that this server's owner and his team is willing to put into all the effort it will take to keep it up until the game releases and beyond? :) What do you guys think about the future of Rusty's Galaxy?

Hey,

I really like what you are doing! :)

All the mods and the updates for the server is really great and me with 3 of my friends are thinking about giving up our own dedicated server and move to yours.

But one of us raised the concern that what if you decide to shut it all down and we (and all other ppl you have playing on your server) will loose all their content/farmed resources/most loved ships...

Given the game is very new, still in EA... it can be hard to predict the future... but we with my friends still have very high hopes for it and we hope that many will join Avorion in time. :)

So my question is that this server's owner and his team is willing to put into all the effort it will take to keep it up until the game releases and beyond? :) What do you guys think about the future of Rusty's Galaxy?

Thank you for your questions, I didn't elaborate on this in the server description but to settle your concerns, we don't have plans on shutting down anytime soon.

When we started with the server we decided to atleast wait it out untill the release and see from there. This was back when I started the server with a friend, who dropped out unfortunately due to personal reasons, which put the full load and costs on me.

Luckily a few members of the community helped me out a little with the server costs so that I didn't have to pay for it on my own which makes me feel obliged to atleast continue untill the release of the game and I'm confident that we will be able to keep the server running with the help of donations as we have a nice group of players in our community that want the best too.

Do note that we have a server wipe planned when the alliance update comes out in a few weeks so that everyone can start out fresh with the new gameplay element that alliances will bring.

I hope to have answered your questions, if you have more, feel free to contact me here or on our Discord ;)

It looks like the Alliance update is still a few weeks out but Koonschi has given us a little more insight into the delay but it seems to be for the good as he promises some nice server performance improvements.

In the meantime Dirtyredz has been working hard on a server manager/interface which makes managing the server a lot easier as we can see all kinds of data through the web-interface. This isn't only useful to us admins but also to you players, as you can see the galaxy and faction maps, server graphs, together with the chat and online players.

We are very curious towards your findings and any input you have on how it can be improved, you can access it through http://46.105.107.6:8080/.

I've added a feedback channel to Discord, which can now be used to give feedback on any changes we make to the server, positive or negative. We will also use this channel to ask about specific changes we make as we noticed that messages in the general chat sometimes get overlooked.

v3.5 changes:

- Regenerative Asteroids updated to new version that allows for more balanced respawning

- Updated Crew modules to have better math in stats for big ships

- Updated Permissions Overview, this should fix the bug with transferring from one ship to another

- Re-enabled the creation of utility stations, their price is also more balanced now towards their use and the incoming factions update

- Further balancing of NPCs, again very curious towards the experiences with them

- PvP protection wasn't working so we reverted back to the original version, this only protects the players ships and stations in the sector the player logs off in

- Donators can try out the new QoL mod FleetControl accesible through /fleetcontrol

Download the latest modpack v3.5 here: https://we.tl/yna3P0AXwR

Hello Devious,

This is all really great news. I don't mind the fresh start either, but it's very toughtful of you to mention that. :)

We have decided to go with you, so you will see 3 hungarian flags on that webadmin for sure. :)

On another note: I'm a sysadmin myself actually for like 10 years so maybe I can help you with stuff and I don't mind paying for something that brings much more fun then the standard stuff. So we'll see what happens in the future with modding and everything. :)

We are really hopeful and thanks for taking this seriously. :)