[EU|US|AUS] Rusty's Universe Modded Servers [AUS&US Fresh Start August 10]

Devious

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The server has been wiped and updated for the Alliance patch so everyone can start out fresh.

We need to go over each mod and see if they still work so untill then the mods are disabled, the server settings have been transferred so you can get a little headstart if you like!

Hey,

There won't be any more wipes when the beta is over, right? :)

I mean when this patch comes down from the beta branch and goes to full release.

We are not 100% as we ran into some troubles with corrupted data, we might do a wipe when this patch hits the stable branch. The problems we found so far were fixable luckily, so we might not have to.

It's best either way to follow the discussion on Discord so we can find a way together ;)

Hey,

There won't be any more wipes when the beta is over, right? :)

I mean when this patch comes down from the beta branch and goes to full release.

We are not 100% as we ran into some troubles with corrupted data, we might do a wipe when this patch hits the stable branch. The problems we found so far were fixable luckily, so we might not have to.

It's best either way to follow the discussion on Discord so we can find a way together ;)

Fair enough, thank you for your answer! :)

We are gonna start playing today and building our little virtual empire. :)

• 4 weeks later...

A lot has happened since my last update here on the forums so I'll be reworking this whole page in the coming days.

We have also opened a second server to reduce the load of the main server, it has the same settings and you can find the IP for now by clicking on the banner below.

The modpack on this page is outdated, please join our Discord to find the latest version.

• 2 weeks later...

The forum description has been updated, from now you can only find our modpack through our Discord to prevent issues with older modpacks.

I will be reworking the website in the coming weeks to include all the accurate data aswell, untill then this stays the most accurate description of our servers.

Thanks to the lovely contributions of our donators we have been able to get a second server, hosted in the US!

We considered upgrading the current server to an overclocked beast first but the difference in costs from the current server was almost as much as the costs for the US server so we decided to get that instead, given that there have been quite some requests for one by our players from the States.

I'm curious what this will do with the performance and experience for players from the US, the server itself is a test also due to the increased costs but I'm confident w'll be able to manage for a while!

The US server will start out with a modded galaxy with CorePvP, I have doubled the starting resources to accomodate the fresh wipe and our inability to transfer previous progress.

You will also have one active sector extra per player untill the performance becomes problematic.

I have set the server live, you can connect through: 69.30.246.170

Again a big thanks to our donators, without your support this wouldn't have been possible!

Due to a few bugs on the client I have also compiled a new modpack, you can download it from our Discord and the servers have been updated accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Both modded EU servers have been wiped so enjoy a fresh galaxy!

The US server won't be wiped yet as that galaxy hasn't been running for that long, most area's are still reasonably fresh.

Dirtyredz has been working hard on a mod to regenerate claimable asteroids over time so that should help considerably with the durability and persistance of the galaxy. We also have a mod planned that will regenerate the content of sectors over time, which could possibly eliminate the need for a wipe due to the galaxy being farmed clean!

I think that is awesome news as that really is something the vanilla game is lacking.

Anyway, enjoy the freshly wiped servers and let's hope that we don't have to wipe anytime soon again :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This saturday the servers have been wiped for the new beta update, which has been installed on the server.

Rusty's Modpack has been updated aswell, with again a few more additions.

The modifications list here on the forums is now accurate, all the changes listed there are on the servers.

Enjoy playing!

The servers have been updated to version 15.1 and we have updated our modpack.

Below you will find a summary of those changes :

--Fixed bug with ShipScriptLoader, Failing on loading ModInfo. Updated to v1.1.0

--Attempting fix at FactionWarBattle Asynch bug.

--Fix bug in CTA crewboard script.

--Added Asteroid field size randomization.

--Xsotan Artifacte VI (The AI) no is placed inside your inventory instead of dropped in the sector.

--Updated OOSP

--Updated AdvShipyards

--Fixed MoveUI, Options not working on alliance ships.

--Updated ModInfo, better data allocation for slow upload net connections.

--Fixed bug in scrapyardLicenses MoveUI not working with alliance ships.

--Added Clear Licenses button to MoveUI options, clears all lisences from the db, after jumping unloaded scrapyards will no longer show on your UI.

--Fixed Vanilla Scrapyard script to show lisense time left in scrapyard menu for alliance ships.

The servers have been updated to 15.4.

Here are the changes to the server and modpack:

--ReEnabled NPC Carriers, Thought to be the cause of the new crashes.

--Restored Async to Vanilla, Thought to be the cause of the new crashes.

--Re-did Damage Modification for ships inside the core, effects only newly created Ships

--Updated various files to minimize modifications to core files.

--Updated ScrapyardLicenses, no more client errors and deleting licenses should work now

--Added FactionNotifier to MoveUI, Get Owning Faction and Present factions in your current sector, also displays current cargo license for each faction.

--Added Retrieve Fighters to CarrierCommander, Huge thxs to laserzwei, Now when you have fighters on the loose, use this command to retrieve those fighters into your hangar.

--Updated OOSP.

--Scrapyard will now broadcast every 5mins instead of every minute.

--Updated extraminesM

--Updated ModInfo, Better UI

--Updated ComplexManager to allow for smaller screen resolutions, Thxs laserzwei

--Fixed CarrierCommand Salvage command.

--Fixed CrewTransport not working in SP (I THINK, let me know)

--Moved MoveUI initialize code in server.lua

--Removed fighterRetriever command since the vanilla one seems to work now.

--Adjusted /addcrew to now work only on the ship your in, and to reset the crew instead of add. The command will also now only give you enough lvl 3 as is needed for workforce.

Servers have been updated to 15.7, here are the changes since then:

--Fixed credit exploit on player owned resoure Stations

--Command addcrew now works for admins and server value that can be set/unset by Admins

--New command setvalue for admins to set any server value from the console

--Fixed bug in DirtySecure where faction was nil

--Increased range at which you can transfers fighters (feedback on new distance plz)

--Updated RegenerativeClaimableAsteroids to reset timestamps on asteroid owned by the player or faction who entered the sector.

--Added RustyModPack_License.txt to modpack.

--Fixed bugs in MoreOrders and RegenerativeClaimableAsteroids mods.

--Added PowerSystems UI to the MoveUI mod, aswell as add fontscaling for PowerSystems and FactionNotifier

--Buffed Mining DPS some, let me know if its to much with the new vanilla changes.

--Updated MoveUI to 2.0.0 SIGNIFICANTLY less client to server communication giveing better performance for both server and client.

--Added Fail safe for missing entities

--Newly generated Mining turrets now have * 2 DPS, starting turrets have * 4.

Modpack has been updated to v5.0.12

--Added Krelsis|YT Formatted Costs to Minecorp Mines, Thxs.

--Added TrashMan Mod by Multox.

--Updated Adv.Shipyards, Thxs Laserzwei.

--Added check to player init failure in hyperblocker.

--Increased Docking and Trading Distances.

--Widened PowerSystems Ui a little.

--Updated Complex Mod to 0.90c Thxs Laserzwei.

--Updated CarrierCommand Mod to intermediate changes, laserzwei still working on the bigger update.

We have also opened up a second CorePvP server for EU, thanks to xrizenx for letting us use his server. Reason for this were some crashes and lag issues while the main CorePvP server was at full load.

See our Discord for the IP.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I have a question? Let's imagine I have some miners in sectors I left behind and few stations as well. When I put my PvP protection down - does that make them killable as well? I mean I would like to have some PvP fun, but not if I had to constantly loose my stations and miners to people ~100 sectors away.

Can I have a question? Let's imagine I have some miners in sectors I left behind and few stations as well. When I put my PvP protection down - does that make them killable as well? I mean I would like to have some PvP fun, but not if I had to constantly loose my stations and miners to people ~100 sectors away.

The PvP protection only works outside the core center, inside the core center your ships will only be protected while you  are offline.

So with the current version in order to PvP you'll have to enter the core otherwise you won't be able to damage eachother.

--Updated CarrierCommand Mod to intermediate changes, laserzwei still working on the bigger update.

We have also opened up a second CorePvP server for EU, thanks to xrizenx for letting us use his server. Reason for this were some crashes and lag issues while the main CorePvP server was at full load.

Can i ask how did you increase dock and trading distance? it'd be extremely useful currently for the buggy cargo haulers.

• 4 weeks later...

Can i ask how did you increase dock and trading distance? it'd be extremely useful currently for the buggy cargo haulers.

Docking range doesn't affect that unfortunately, should be fixed in one of the recent patches tho.

All the servers have been wiped and updated,

here is a list of changes since my last post on the forum.

Modpack version 5.0.13

--Fighters fixed to collect resouces only again. (Laserzwei)

--Fixed error in safe mine. (Laserzwei)

--Intergrated new Carrier Commander (Laserzwei)

--Fixed repeating Hyperblocker error.

--Fixed Dirty-Buoys being able to be entered.

--Uodated complex stations mod increasing turret cap.

--added goto command for admins.

--Changed admincmds to dev, use /dev to add entitydbg, type again to remove. For admins only, obviously.

--Added Max-Non-Minable asteroids to Regenerative Asteroid Sectors, default to 1500, let me know if this is to little.

--Decreased amount of space FactionNotifier for MoveUI uses, and adjusted dynamic size increases.

--Added Notepad UI to MoveUI's

--NPC Carriers are generated without fighters.

Modpack version 5.1.0

--Configered LargerAsteroids mod from 3-5 times to 2-3 times larger then normal.

--CrewTransportAuthority ships now have static relationships to everyone.

--CrewTransportAuthority should not annoy you if you did not summon them when you enter a sector.

--Updated MoveUI

--Added TextBox input for CrewTransport.

--Added NoAttackInvincible a mod to stop xsotan and AI factions from attacking invincible stations/ships.

--Side effect of NoAttackInvincible, Xsotan will not attack drones

--Added ClearSector command for admins to quickly clear a sector, use /clearsector help for more info

--Added ServerMessageDisplay, Displays Server Message to the HUD.

--Added mod RenameShip, allows you to rename any ship or station

Modpack version 6.0.0

--Removed 60% reduction of set respawn point since vanilla has dropped it to 50% by defualt

--Removed OOSP, vanilla has a 90+% features of what OOSP added. Special thanks to Laserzwei for his continued work to keep OOSP alive.

--Transfered any mods attached to sector.lua to sector/init.lua

--Maintained 0 NPC Fighters for now, lets see how the servers handle all the new weapons/features

--Disabled DirtySecure's offline protection, lets see how the new server config feature works out.

--Restored tooltip script to vanilla.

--Modified Persecutor script to not attack invincible stations.

Modpack version 6.0.1

--Updated Minecorp to no longer use StationDescriptor on Sector Generation. (this appears to be the cause of the players CTD)

--Fixed bug in Persecutor script.

--Fixed bug in NoAttackInvincible mod.

As of always, find more information and the modpack through our Discord!

• 3 weeks later...

The servers have been updated including the latest hotfix which should adress the crashes w've been experiencing and the server hasn't crashed since then so that is good news!

W've updated our modpack to version 6.2.0, below you will find the changes.

--Updated modpack to 0.16.2 Avorion Release
    --Fixed bug in Move Asteroid, let me know if were still getting crashes on moveing asteroids (I wasnt able to reproduce this bug)
    --Added GaurdianScout mod by Hammelpilaw, let me know how the guardian fight is like
    --Fixed bug in DirtySecure Mod
    --Added ExtTurretFactory mod by Hammelpilaw, didnt have time to test this out completly, will only work on newly created factories.
    --Fixed bug in MoveUI ScrapyardLicense when jumping in a drone
    --Added a new MoveUI UI for all supporters, This UI will give you information on Swoks spawning and estimated cooldown of swoks spawning again for you. More Bosses to come soon.

Below you can find a little teaser for the new UI that our subscribers have gotten with this modpack update.

BossDetector.png

• 1 month later...

Due to the ongoing issues and well-explored map we have come to an agreement to wipe the servers so everyone can start on a fresh map.

For this wipe we have a few changes in mind, if you know of any others that could suit these changes, let us know on Discord ;)

Here are the planned changes for the coming wipe:

- Destructible player stations inside the core on the CorePvP servers (offline protection if the player<>player reputation system is not working correctly yet)

- No complexes (due to performance issues )

- Enabled NPC fighters

- Player owned utility stations temporarily disabled on the CorePvP servers due to exploit that needs fixing

We have no set date for the wipe  yet, but you can expect it near the weekend (friday or saturday).

If you recently started playing and will lose your hard earned progress, we are sorry about that but it will be for the better to have a better performing server. Luckily you can use all you've learned so far to do it better and faster next time!