[Mod] New faction the Federation of Engineers and new station the Clone Bank

TheSilentOracle

Hi everyone!

For the past couple of days I've been working on a more RP friendly solution to the setHomeSector functionality I wrote and here is what I came up with.

This release includes a new faction and station.

Faction:

The Federation is an advanced conglomerate of engineers and scientists who provide unique cloning services and, when found outside colonized space, advanced weaponry and hardware. Their ultimate goal is to travel to the center of the universe. They believe that the path to the technological singularity is to be found at the center of the universe and the Federation does everything in their power to further that cause.

The Federation of Engineers own clone banks across all colonies of the galaxy where you can purchase your very own clone. As you venture further into the galaxy and the dangers become more real, clones become more expensive.

If you increase your relationship with the Federation they may even give you a clone for free. Of course as clones become more expensive you will be required to have a better relationship with the Federation in order for them to gift you a clone. Because of cloning limitations you will only be able to have one clone active at a time. *cough cough*

The future vision of this mod will be able to support multiple clones.

The pre-release of the mod can be found here:

https://github.com/FederationOfEngineers/FederationFaction/releases/tag/v1.0.0-alpha

Shout out to Kane Hart and Theoman02 is in the pre-release page.

Looking for feedback and ideas to expand the mod.

Feel free to reach out to me or Furyan.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you only find these cloning services in Engineer sectors?

Do I need to start a new galaxy for this, or will the faction be generated when exploring new sectors?

If not is there a way to integrate it into an existing galaxy?