New Patch 0.10.2 r 7361 Hangs Client

urenoiro

Have enjoyed 40+ hours playing the Early Access. But after the patch update client hangs when loading an old, or creating a new, galaxy. I archived my appdata from previous play, deleted it all, uninstalled via Steam, reinstalled via Steam, and tried to create a new galaxy. Client hangs. The galaxy directory in appdata is created but there is no server log file there. Client log fill is attached. The avorion.exe shows not responding in Task Manager at 0% CPU. Cannot end task using task manager. Have to restart system.

I tried this several times and the client log files all look the same.

Thanks for creating such an entertaining game. Keep up the good work.

clientlog_Sat_Jan_28_13-07-30_2017.txt

Thanks for such a quick reply.

I have the server process excluded from my virus scanning software and I do not see it appear in the Task Manager as I watch that when I click the New Galaxy Start button. The client file does not have the server start line in it like I have seen in other client logs when things are working correctly and the appdata galaxies directory is empty.

Running Windows 10 and ALT-TAB does not work at this point either so I cannot get control of my desktop. Though my other two monitors are working -- that is how I interact with the Task Manager.

The Client hangs immediately when pressing the Start button in the New Galaxy Dialog. It never displays the "galaxy loading" screen.

I have been able to run other games from inside Steam. I did a check of that after this hang because I was wondering if it might be Steam related.

What else are you aware of that I can to do verify the integrity of the Steam platform?

Thanks

I have done that. I notices the appdata did not get deleted, but I have read other forum post were appdata files get corrupted, so I archived them and started with a clean install.

Its quite a hard hang. CTRL-ALT-DEL does not work either. I had to start the Task Manager prior to doing the test.