Server is having a lot of problems...

Phoenixstar117

Hi, I have access to a fairly powerful Server computer, its specs are here:

Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2630 v2 @ 2.6GHz

1 TB Hard Drive

30gb RAM

10gb/s Network Speed

=No GPU=

To begin my list of problems, the first major one is the odd connection problems. See, I started the server so me and a friend of mine who lives about 10 miles away could play together. He used to connect just fine, had no problems, entered system with massive battles going on and no lag. However, when I entered a system with a major battle suddenly I would get 1000+ ping, which would slowly build up until it was over 1 million ping. And then, when I left the server, the server itself would crash. I know it isn't my internet speed, and I for certain know it wasn't my server... yet none of that makes sense... especially the crashing part.

Now today after a routine server restart (as I have to keep restarting it or else the server crashes on its own by all the lag), my friend cannot join... as in the server crashes when he logs in.

>Now, a possible reason behind this could be my port forwarding situation. As I said, I have access but do not own the server computer. I was given a few forwarded ports and access to RAM allocation. Which means I cannot forward the '27000' and '27003' ports. I simply ignored this and just changed the default network port to the one of the ones I have forwarded, '58532.' As me and my friend can join the server using that port, I imagine it should be working fine.

The reason I think it might be a problem is the server log which lists a whole lot of errors related to not being able to access steam, and having to revert to TCP and other errors. I do have the port '58532' firewall access through both UDP and TCP.

>I tried disabling and enabling all the Network options, but with no change.

The most recent log is here, including a crash when my friend joins: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0a1zi1dd88d9eii/serverlog+Sat+Jan+28+13-45-22+2017.zip

• Boxelware Team

Thanks. Please use the Steam network protocol, TCP/UDP is currently experiencing issues. You can enable it by passing --use-steam-networking 1 to your server.

If you can't forward the ports you need for the server then you're out of luck until the server browser is implemented. You should be able to reassign port 27000, 27020 and 27021, but 27003 is crucial.