Host Server Settings? (PingPerfect)

Cosian

I am using a hosted server on PingPerfect.  After a few bumps yesterday we were able to get it running and I can connect.  However I have a couple questions given the file structure seems different then the current docs on a Windows Server.  By the way nice work on that folks!

1.  I cannot find the server.bat or launcher.bat files.  The files do not appear to be exposed in the servers root folder.  They do have a configuration section separate from the file manager.  This section has a PingStart.bat which is edited with a configuration editor and only lets you set an admin password.  The second file in the config section is a link to Saves\avorion_galaxy\server.ini fully editable.

So where would I make settings as noted in the windows docs .... specifically the ID of the server admin

Go ahead and change “avorion_admin” to your 64bit SteamID to make sure you are the admin of the server. Also here you can change the name of your galaxy by editing “avorion_galaxy” to the name of your galaxy.

2.  Related to the above .... I see an admin.xml in Saves\avorion_galaxy\  that file has an ID entry for admin ... Are the server admin ID's now related to the individual galaxies as opposed to a global.  Do I put my Steam ID there?

<administrators>

<admin name="admin" id="0"/>

</administrators>

3.  How do you assign players to group?  Do you add lines to the admin.xml?  Is there another file that is edited?  Or, is this only done through a command line entry?

4.  I will be running a private server and I do not see any entry anywhere for a server password?  What settings need to be made to run a private server?

Thanks!

1. the batch files you are after are in the install directory, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Avorion

2. Yes, if you wanted to add more admins, just add a new line with the same command just with another ID

3. Haven't dug this far yet.

4. You will need to make your server a white-list server, only allow players you wish to join by adding them to this list.

Hi,

Im, at PerfectPing too.

My problem is that i cant make groups or admins on the admin.xml

Everytime the xml. was overwriting by a new one.

We are 3 friends on the server and no one can use commands for the server.

Can someone help me out. explane me the correct xml commands for usergroups or admins.

Sorry, for my bad english.

Have a nice day

Hey Butzen,

you have to use the steam ID instead of the Username. This works perfect for me as additional attribute in the server.bat:

bin\AvorionServer.exe --galaxy-name avoriongalaxy2 --admin 76561197967416205 --max-players 20 --public 1 --use-steam-networking 1 --max-logs 10 pause

You can get your steam id at this website http://steamidfinder.com/ or after the first login to your server (in the logfiles)

no i rent a server by perfectping.

so i can make changes only in the serverpanel. the problem is i cant set up or edit the batfile.

set up a server on my machine is not a problem to set the .bat and get admin rights.

try i make /admin -a and steamid or something. i get an error message i have no rights to use this commands.

but on perfectping i can only change the .ini or the admin.xml