Factories - Short Wall of Questions

Rough89

Hello, I'm in need of some questions answered because I can't seem to find anything related to my issues.

1 - When you create a factory, will the NPC's trade resources to it that it needs to craft say (High capacity lens factory). Will they sell it glass ect, that it needs to create a laser head?

2 - Related to Q1, will the NPC's perform this action when I'm not currently in the sector?

3 - Do factories or generating places, IE. (Crystal Farm, Scrap Trader) sell their resources to produce an income?

4- Related to Q3, do all of your created stations generate an income? If so, will it produce an income when you're not within the same sector?

5 - Does anyone know why my docking nodes don't appear on most stations? I build them onto the station; however, when selected and approached no nodes appear. Can't press F to "dock" and hire crew, trade, sell ect.

I do experiment with factories atm.

NPCs do trade with them. But only sometimes. Seems to depend on the sector? Since I only managed to get NPCs trading in creative i ccant answer the rest. If you docking node does not appear however, it might be to small, not reachable or buggy. It seems when you block those landing stripe lights, something goes wrong. If theyre placed, node will appear most of the times. Ill give more info once i gathered.

All of these views and not a single reply. What's the point of looking at a "wall of questions" post and zero replies?

Maybe because many are also looking at the anwser, and where hoping someone responded in there.. ;)

So far but i cant recall where, the dock not appearing is a bug.

I don't know how helpful it is, but in regards to 2. and 5.

Nothing will happen in a sector once its unloaded and sectors get unloaded 5 minutes after the last player leaves it. This would also mean no trade with any stations in those sectors.

I've also heard that if the docking blocks are too close to the station core they won't work. Try building them father away from the core of your station.

1. Yes. Have lots of money to buy what they sell you.

2. No. Not yet at least.

3. Maybe. I haven't had it happen yet, but they sure do take my money for what the station needs to start producing.

4. Eventually, maybe. No.

5. Just put docks all over it, then exit build mode. See which ones don't work, go back in build mode and delete them. You'll see the runway lights pop up if they work.

Ive made a few more tests.

2.) I *think* that Factories do trade when youre not in the Sector. That is, their inventory changes.

3.) Yes. But it takes ages until they start generating income.

4.) I dont think they generate Income when youre not in the sector. So, inventory changing, but no money (taken or given) - but again, im not sure. I hjavent SEEN it, but its easy to miss. And even when youre in the sector, this stuff happens very slowly.

Hello, I'm in need of some questions answered because I can't seem to find anything related to my issues.

1 - When you create a factory, will the NPC's trade resources to it that it needs to craft say (High capacity lens factory). Will they sell it glass ect, that it needs to create a laser head?

2 - Related to Q1, will the NPC's perform this action when I'm not currently in the sector?

3 - Do factories or generating places, IE. (Crystal Farm, Scrap Trader) sell their resources to produce an income?

4- Related to Q3, do all of your created stations generate an income? If so, will it produce an income when you're not within the same sector?

5 - Does anyone know why my docking nodes don't appear on most stations? I build them onto the station; however, when selected and approached no nodes appear. Can't press F to "dock" and hire crew, trade, sell ect.

My Findings.

1. Yes.  Problem is that the sectors become inactive after you have left it for a time so you have to wait there for that to happen.

2. As far as I can tell.  No.  I have a couple stations and they don't seem to do anything while I am away.

3. I only ever see income from my stations when I am in the sector.  Never when I am not there. (Kinda defeats the purpose of being able to have a home sector in a massive exploration game but the DEV is working on it.)

4. see answer 3.

5. Docking ports I am unsure of.  I have a station with 8 docking ports of which only two work.  I assume it uses the same mechanics as the Hangers and has to be completely unobstructed for some pre determined distance.